PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever been done?

Pages : [1] 2

OUCH
05-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Has anybody ever compared Polishes and Waxes that you could buy at Pepboys or Autozone like Meguiar`s, Mother`s and 3M to the ones that you could only get online like Klasse, Pinnacle, Poorboy and Such. If not I plan on doing this once I get my lazy bum to Sun Valley to get a Hood or Fender.. I plan on doing a Shine, Gloss test and then some Durability test..

When it comes to Shine and Gloss I think they will be pretty much even, even if it you layer the Klasse or Pinnacle one. But durability, hmm that`ll be an Interesting one...

I plan on dividing the section into 4, prepping the surface really well. Polishing and Waxing them, then will leave them outside 24/7. Then give it a wash everyweek

Wutcha guys think?

Jngrbrdman
05-19-2003, 10:57 PM
The Wax Test compared products like that. Do a search on it and you`ll find the link to the site. I can`t remember it off the top of my head. www.gurureport.com or something like that. Its always nice to do the research and testing yourself though. Then you know exactly what works for you based on where you live and how you take care of your car. Good luck!

Scottwax
05-19-2003, 11:32 PM
The Guru Report will be your best bet.

OUCH
05-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

The Guru Report will be your best bet.

Do you have the website address?

Jngrbrdman
05-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Go to www.google.com and type in `guru report` or `wax test` and you`ll find it. :xyxthumbs

OUCH
05-20-2003, 12:22 AM
Oh wow it`s not free.. 9.95 :(

CRXSi90
05-20-2003, 12:31 AM
So you are going to make one that is free, open knowledge? :) :P

it would be cool...maybe if we all compare what we have now, without buying anything extra, we could get a good idea how stuff is. Maybe not.

chris0626
05-20-2003, 12:37 AM
So ... let me get this straight ... You`ll pay $100-plus for a PC, and balk at a solid test report that costs $9.95???? :nixweiss

ultrajim49
05-20-2003, 12:43 AM
So ... let me get this straight ... You`ll pay $100-plus for a PC, and balk at a solid test report that costs $9.95????

ain`t that typical?

Christiaan:wavey

ntwrkguy1
05-20-2003, 12:44 AM
I have to agree with Lynn (and I paid $19 for the Wax Report) on this one....if you`re going to invest $X in detailing supplies, to not spend $9.95 on this report is not wise!

DavidM

shaf
05-20-2003, 02:23 AM
The Wax Test is a nice coffee table book and I like mine. :D

Jngrbrdman
05-20-2003, 02:28 AM
You know what`s not free is the $100 + in products that you`d have to purchase to figure it out for yourself. Trust me... The wax test is a much better way to learn what may or may not work well for you. Trying it yourself is still a good way to go, but its a lot more expensive and takes a long time. Its taken me 6 years to build up the product knowledge that I have for what works well for me and what doesn`t. I could have shaved a few years off if I had something available to me back then that steered me clear of some of the mistake products I`ve purchased and tried. Its worth the ten bucks. It will save you at least that when it keeps you from buying a $10 dollar bottle of crap..er..wax.

OUCH
05-20-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by CRXSi90

So you are going to make one that is free, open knowledge? :) :P

it would be cool...maybe if we all compare what we have now, without buying anything extra, we could get a good idea how stuff is. Maybe not.

Yup that`s what I plan on doing, testing the products I have now not gonna buy anything new, just gonna use what I have.

imported_jgv
05-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Lynn

So ... let me get this straight ... You`ll pay $100-plus for a PC, and balk at a solid test report that costs $9.95???? :nixweiss

I`d want it also if I could pay $9.95 and download it, but in my case that would cost about $66.00, 9.95 for the book + 56.00 for the UPS.

OUCH
05-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Lynn

Well a $100 PC is something you can`t get for free, a free test report/review on the other hand you can easily get for free by joining a forum like this... Especially with all the knowledge that the board members has.