PDA

View Full Version : APC - Wax Removal?

topnotchtouch
05-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Anyone use APC for this purpose? How well does it work? I have done a dawn wash but, I just don`t think it has removed everything. I want to ensure the best possible base to start my Zaino applications. I am going to give it a try in the morning but, wanted to see if anyone out there has tried it specifically for this purpose and can share what they found.

Thanks

chris0626
05-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Zaino says Dawn will do the trick. As do lots of testimonials here.

Me, I`d be leery of using APC+ on the whole car; just feels too harsh. On the other hand, I`m now making a practice of using APC+ (12:1) to clean the exterior rubber trim (bumpers, door handles, etc.) before conditioning them; but I`m careful to apply without getting spray onto the paint. But that`s just me, and I have absolutely no science, data, or testing to back it up.

hazman
05-19-2003, 10:48 PM
I`ve been informed by the Philippine distributor of Meguiar`s that APC+ can be used to de-wax a car. They said that a diluting ratio of 1:64 (APC+ to water) would be sufficient for a wax removal job.

I haven`t tried this procedure on my car myself, though. I haven`t had the need to strip my car of wax just yet.

BTW, if you`re going to polish your car with products which contain any form of abrasives prior to Zaino, then this will definitely strip it off of wax. You might just need to wash your car again to ensure that all fillers are gone before applying Zaino.

topnotchtouch
05-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated! I mention APC as it suggests on the back of the gallon container a mixture of 64:1 for wax removal.

Thanks again!