PDA

View Full Version : Plans with leftover products before buying zaino

blown5.0
05-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Hey guys. I frequent these boards but have not posted alot. I have found alot of valuable information on this site and everyone is really friendly. I have a bunch of products left lying around and would like to use them up before purchasing zaino. I have the following items. Meguiars gold class, mothers cleaner wax, 3m SMR, mothers QD spray. Here is my plan of attack.

1)Wash the car with car wash solution (I have meguiars)

2)Use the 3m to remove swirls and fine scratches

3)Apply First Coat of Mothers Cleaner Wax

4)Spray Car with QD and Wipe down

5)Apply 2nd coat

6Spray down again

7)Apply Coat of Gold class

8)Spray down again

9)Apply 2nd coat.

Thereafter, I will use the qd on a weekly basis with a car duster.

Does anyone have any input into this? I have picked up little methods from this board and the zaino site and i came up with this method. DOes anyone think i should change the order or delete any uneccesarry steps? Also, how long should this combo last on my car? It is only driven on weekends. Can all this be done within 5 hours or so?

JasonC8301
05-19-2003, 08:23 AM
There is really no point is applying Gold Class and Mother`s Cleaner Wax. They both have mild cleaners in them. Meguiar`s Gold Class has really depressing durability compared to other waxes and sealants (Klasse, Zaino, Platinum, P21S etc. etc)

If you are planning to apply the 3M SMR by hand, be ready for a work out. You really have to use some elbow grease to work in the product (medium pressure working in the SMR until it breaks down and actually does something to the swirls/scratches.) And at that 3M SMR won`t even remove all the swirls and scratches, it contains some fillers to fill in what it can not remove.

1)Wash the car with car wash solution (I have meguiars)

2)Use the 3m to remove swirls and fine scratches

3)Apply a coat of Mothers Cleaner Wax

Thats what I would do. You can add on a second coat of Mother`s cleaner wax if you want to clean the surface a little more.

Jason