PDA

View Full Version : aBay Forum vs. aBay classifieds

thevolvoguy
05-19-2003, 06:54 AM
Dave and I have talked a little bit about aBay, and how much more usefull I thought it was when it was an actuall forum where people could post questions about the individual items so everyone could see. I know I barley look at aBay anymore, and I think it would be a good idea to bring back the forum, but place it in the Off Topic area, so it wont clog up the homepage.

I want to hear what everyone thinks though. So I will make this a poll, but please post your opinion as well.

Thanks!

thevolvoguy
05-25-2003, 10:22 PM
Still no comments. Anyone got other ideas, or reasons why you voted?

shaf
05-26-2003, 01:16 AM
Yes I`d actually prefer a forum-style classifieds section so that questions and answers can be provided to everyone and also so things can become more "public record". It might also save the seller from responding to 8723 emails asking the same question about the thing he`s selling.

The problem is, I still think that it should require the same fields that aBay currently has, like Condition, Price, Location, etc etc. Basically it`d be the current aBay, but with the capacity for leaving messages. Classified sections that are essentially just normal forum format tend to suck. :down I know this would require more work, but IMHO it`d be the best format.

thevolvoguy
05-26-2003, 07:45 AM
Look at how many ads are in aBay right now... like 10.

There used to be a new offer at least every day with the old system. Its also very difficult to trade in the new aBay and you cant post wanted items.

Anyone agree with me here?