PDA

View Full Version : A sad sight to see

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony O.
05-19-2003, 02:33 AM
Below are a few pics from a Ferrari gathering held here in San Antonio over the weekend, in fact it was a car show fun filled weekend down here in South Texas.

We went to a show on Saturday featuring hot rods and customs and yesterday (Sunday) morning we went to see some prancing horses. I was very much UNimpressed with the appearance of these exotics. None of the cars were ready for a concours but just as we arrived the judging was going on.

The pics below are of a black 2003 360 Modena with dealer plates still attached. Check out the lovely "custom" (no two alike) dealer applied swirl marks......and they showed it this way!!:shocked

Smeared windows, dirty wheels, scratches, swirls and globs of tire dressing. In detailing these are all huge no no`s:nono

Anthony O.
05-19-2003, 02:35 AM
Pic #2

Anthony O.
05-19-2003, 02:38 AM
Pic #3.....Photos do not tell the full story on this wreck!

AWDRATT
05-19-2003, 05:14 AM
Why oh why :( :( :(

hazman
05-19-2003, 06:56 AM
Ooow! All those swirls on a Modena!:shocked That IS TRULY sad.

Anthony O.
05-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Yeah.....the REALLY sad deal is that ALL of the Ferrari`s there were just lacking proper care and prep.....especially for a concours.

I might detail a clients black 360 Modena today and if so I`ll take some pics and post them up using as simple of a routine as possible and see if the results are any better.

Anthony

Lowejackson
05-19-2003, 11:04 AM
It is a shame to see any car treated that way. Somebody should be very ashamed of themselves.

Steven

Glossequation
05-19-2003, 12:17 PM
I can`t tell you how disgusted I get, here in Boston, when I`m walking and I see (all the time):

$80,000 BMW`s and Mercedes` not only parked on the curb, but with huge gashes taken out of the wheel lip, brown tires, swirls that don`t even need light to be seen in. Here`s another good one--the 528i BMW sports, with the BBS? dished rim, where the freakin wheel weight is on the god damn lip?? Half of them have fallen off leaving behind the black adhesive. What dumbasses.

I guess these people have that much money that its not a big deal to them? Alot of it is status symbol I know, but come on!! Its called "new money", they never had it, so they don`t know what to do with it, so they spend excessively while not caring for an item like that....rappers are a prime example of "new money". Either way, its pretty stupid...and pisses me off.

I`m talking brand new M5`s with severe dings, no washes for at least a month and rims so badly rashed you`d have to try hard just to get them that bad....WTF??

I worked my *** off to get my Cobra and it gets the royal treatment and it was only 15 g`s!!

thank you

ntwrkguy1
05-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Blackcaraddict,

I have to agree with you....sometimes you see people just trash the nicest of cars. Of course, sometimes I see people like my neighbor take his 540 (black, of course) to a detailer that leaves it looking like the Ferrari in Anthony`s picture. That`s a crying shame when someone who is in the DETAILING BUSINESS can`t even get the look right on black paint.

Those Boston streets are tough on cars though, especially since The Big Dig keeps dirt in the air! The last time we were up there, my wife`s black Suburban looked like it had never been washed!

-DavidM

Jake11375
05-19-2003, 03:51 PM
I can vouche for that! I detailed my mother-in-law`s new black Mercedes E430, as my mother`s day gift to her. I spent 5 hours washing, claying, waxing and removing scratches. Sadly it rains in a few days, and guess what, she goes straight to the car wash and wipes it down with God knows what! From the looks of it she may have used the car wash brush! NEway scratches and swirls galore. I was heartbroken when I saw it afterwards .:sosad

Tim Lingor
05-19-2003, 05:06 PM
In terms of Anthony`s Pics, I was just floored!! I would fire the Prep guys/girls butt so fast....!!!:angry

Why do people do this to their cars. I just did a car for a family member as a gift. I spent a good 8-9 hours on it. After it was detailed and swirl free, I gave the instructions on how to wash it etc... . No less than a week later, I found out that the car was washed at the local coin wash and scrubbed with the brush! Yup! You guessed it----SWIRL CITY!!!

I was so PO`d that I could hardly stand it!! After all that work, and for nothing!!!:angry :angry

Anthony O.
05-19-2003, 06:30 PM
2hot,

I stopped doing the freebies for family and friends ahile ago for the very reason you described. I got so darn mad when they would not hand wash the car as I suggested but went to the coin op or drive thru car wash. All the FREE work I did on the cars "gone in 60 seconds!"

I no longer give family and friends freebies but now charge them, needless to say they no longer come to me to have their cars detailed and thats A-OK fine with me.

BY the BY....that Ferrari detail I was hoping to do and compare with the first pics I posted did not go as planned for today, but maybe later in the week.

Anthony

HilfigerCelica
05-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Jake11375

I can vouche for that! I detailed my mother-in-law`s new black Mercedes E430, as my mother`s day gift to her. I spent 5 hours washing, claying, waxing and removing scratches. Sadly it rains in a few days, and guess what, she goes straight to the car wash and wipes it down with God knows what! From the looks of it she may have used the car wash brush! NEway scratches and swirls galore. I was heartbroken when I saw it afterwards .:sosad

That`s the reason I`m not doing all that prep work on my mom`s 4runner. As a mother`s day present, I promised to make my mom`s car shine. I`ll just clay and use the leftover Meguiar`s I have. She always uses a sponge that stays outside with dirt and sh*t on it. It`s swirl city and will stay that way.

huggybear
05-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Man that makes my eyes hurt.

Magellan498
05-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Almost makes me wanna cry... :(