PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Marks on New Car

imported_ep3
05-18-2003, 08:25 AM
I`m new to all this but I recently purchased a nearly new car. I have since discovered that it has some swirl marks on the roof.

I`ve read about some of the products available but they all seem to be abbrasive. I`m loathe to use abrasive products on my new car as the rest of the bodywork is in excellent condition.

What product do you recommend to remove these on new paint?

Patrick
05-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Have you downloaded the e-book ?

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8595&highlight=swirl+marks

shaf
05-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ep3

I`ve read about some of the products available but they all seem to be abbrasive. I`m loathe to use abrasive products on my new car as the rest of the bodywork is in excellent condition.

What product do you recommend to remove these on new paint? Welcome to Autopia ep3. :welcome

Unfortunately the two statements you made above are mutually exclusive - you can`t have it both ways! If you want to actually remove the swirls, you have to be dealing with abrasive products.

You can find some products that will hide or fill the very lightest of them, but it won`t work as well and isn`t permanent either. Swirl correction here almost always attempts to use a mild abrasive (at least) to try to eliminate them or at least reduce their appearance.

As said, the eBook is a good source, as is the search function - swirl removal has been covered many times in the archives. Good luck!