PDA

View Full Version : Bissell - What`s best cleaner to use in it?

Spilchy
05-17-2003, 07:50 AM
I bought the Bissell Proheat Turbo Little Green machine model 1425-1, the one with 9 amps.

My question is, what`s the best carpet cleaner to use in there? Or should I just spray the carpet first, work in, then use the machine to further scrub and suck up?

What do you guys use to clean your carpets and floor mats?

Can I use this on the headliner??

RegalGS
05-17-2003, 08:55 AM
I bought the non-heated little bissell, and successfully used the sample cleaner that came with it. However, in the past, I`ve also used the carpet cleaners made for the big machines (bissell brand - either blue general bottle or green allergen bottle). Can`t believe the crap that came outta my carpets - that water was BLACK. :shocked `Course it had been awhile since it had been done...

Just follow the directions, make sure you test somewhere hidden first. I haven`t had any problems, but can never be too safe. If you plan on doing your headliner, I wouldn`t soak it. I`ve heard that the glue used to hold it up there is pretty fragile. All I`ve ever done is vacuumed it (with the brush attachment on the shop vac).

shaf
05-17-2003, 01:34 PM
I haven`t tried this yet, but here`s an interesting thread about a "hot" new product and using it to machine clean. :)

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22531&highlight=defoamer

Spilchy
05-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys. I went out and bought 303 carpet / upholstery cleaner at the store. I tried it out in my den on the carpet where my feet rest in from of the couch! WOW, this little sucker really picked up some junk and cleaned real well and did not leave the carpet too wet. I used a soft nail brush to gently scrub to get a little more bite out of the cleaning process.

Corey Bit Spank
05-17-2003, 08:29 PM
I just use regular Bissel stuff. Although, I don`t have the little model, i have the huge one, with the upostry attatchment. Works great though. The mats get the worst, I take them into the basement and use the old rug shampooer, then the bissel in floor mode, and go back and forth from there. It takes awhile, because, uhm, they get dirty. But I find that the Bissel`s brushes don`t cut it as far as the old Regina Rug Shampooer`s go.

imported_Intel486
05-17-2003, 10:42 PM
I just run straight water through my extractor. I spray the soap on the stain, scrub, and then extract the soap out of the carpet. This makes sure you get all the soap out of the carpet so you aren`t leaving any soap residue behind.

Don`t use an extractor on your headliner. Just use a small brush to carefully spot clean the stains on the headliner and use a towel to wipe up as much of the residue as possible. If you get it too wet, then your headliner might fall down.

The two carpet cleaners I like are Prestone Carpet Cleaner and Pro`s Heavy Duty Interior Cleaner. Prestone Carpet Cleaner can be gotten at pepboys, Wal-mart, and similar. It comes in an aerosol can. Pro`s Heavy Duty Interior Cleaner can be bought though prowax.com or you can email them to find a local distributor of their products.

hkross
05-17-2003, 10:58 PM
What bout the carpet cleaners you see at the coin ops?? also what bout the fragrence sprays? I know it is not Bissell but it is sorta on the same subject.