PDA

View Full Version : Difference between CMA and Meguiars pads

imported_Indy YZF
05-16-2003, 02:06 PM
I have mostly Meguiars pads for use with my PC and with a rotary, if I need the strength.

I know that the cma pads have a concave shape to them, and the meguiars pads are flat. And I know that they are both well made and effective pads.

But my question concerns equivalencies. For instance, its pretty easy to equate the Grey cma pad to the beige Meguiars pad. And its pretty easy to equate the cma white polishing pad to the Meguiars yellow polishing pad. But where I have a problem is the next step up in aggressiveness. CMA has their yellow pad for what they call a cleaning pad. And Meguiars has a burgundy pad for what they call a cutting pad. In the way that the two milder pads were equivalent, do you think we can establish and equivalence between these pads too, although one says `cleaning` and the other says `cutting`? Clearly, the wool pad offered by meguiars is the stronger `cutting` pad, possibly relegating the burgundy foam pad to a use similar to what the yellow cma pad is used for, ie, cleaning. Comments?

jmsc
05-16-2003, 03:00 PM
You may want to read about the CMA pads at the Lake Country Manufacturing site to get the definitive answer on their pads. That`s who produces them for CMA.

Try,

http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/profile.html

GoodnClean
05-16-2003, 03:01 PM
I just switched from Meguiars to CMA, and I found the yellow pad equivelent more or less to the Meg`s cutting pad.

FWIW I also like the CMA Pads a lot more...