PDA

View Full Version : I need some acid bath tips....

Acura_RL
05-16-2003, 12:13 PM
About a week ago my sister washed her Prelude in the morning without even bothering to dry it. The sun came, and well, those dreaded water spots showed up. She tried rinsing the car again but it`s useless.

So this weekend I`m thinking about redoing the detail process entirely. But this time I want to try the acid bath. I read in david`s article about how you apply the vinegar with a sponge, but I`m just leary of using a wash sponge, and certainly don`t want to get vinegar on my sheepskin mit.

(1) So as a suggestion, do any of you think it`s a good idea to mix 1 part white vinegar with 1 part water in a spray bottle and just spray it on the car, wait about a minute, and then rinse?

(2) After the acid bath, should I rewash the car or go straight to the clay and pre-wax cleaner? I`ve read about this so-called ABC process, but I don`t have the ingredients to do such a thing. Will I do fine without it?

thanks for reading. :wavey

imported_Intel486
05-16-2003, 04:23 PM
Have you tried washing the vehicle again and then using a mild polish on the paint. Fresh water spots are pretty easy to remove and you don`t need anything like the ABC system.

Acura_RL
05-16-2003, 09:08 PM
I thought about doing just that, but these have been on the car for about a week, and I have no polishing products other than a Meguiar`s paint cleaner.

Dave N
05-16-2003, 10:13 PM
I would just use a MF cloth to apply the vinegar. That`s what I use to apply the "B" portion of the ABC system.