PDA

View Full Version : applicators`

probegt
08-15-2004, 10:15 PM
I was just wondering what benefits one applicator from another. You have foam, terry, and microfiber applicators. What products work best with what?

bigron62
08-15-2004, 11:50 PM
i use terry aplicators when i do hand work which is not too often . they are cheap and my distributor carries them .. i like them

Boss_429
08-16-2004, 05:22 AM
Generally speaking, I think most people like to use the terry applicators where a little more "bite" of the applicator and product is required............... like paint cleaning, polishing/swirl removal.

The foam apps don`t have quite as much bite, and are better suited to just laying down coats of a product.

I don`t have much use for the MF apps. However, some people like them, and a lot of people recommend them for applying Klasse SG.

andriver
08-16-2004, 08:22 AM
I would also add to the mix, Poorboys PVA applicators. I use it for sealants and it works great.

Beemerboy
08-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Terry for paint and the liks of that. Foam for the inside or laying down a sealant or paste wax. PB PVA are about the best I`ve used for sealant.
Mainly I use terry for about everything that`s because they are cheap and if I screw one up its a throw way

kimwallace
08-16-2004, 09:49 AM
I use Meguiars foam applicators for sealant and wax.
Cotton terry wash cloths or towels cut into smaller pieces and then folded over (cheap) for hand polishing and applying Trim Restore and natural Look type products

probegt
08-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the replys. So terry is for like AIO or PP and foam is for wax/sealant. I have always wondered what the benifit over one another was.