PDA

View Full Version : How much will Zaino cover?

topnotchtouch
05-15-2003, 10:46 PM
I have spent on and off the past week working on the paint on my car in preperation for my move to Zaino. Spent the past two nights with DACP and my PC going over every panel on the car. At first I thought it was coming along great but, just bought a dual head 1200 watt shop light and there are still very fine scratches that although rounded over are still there.

They are not visible in normal daylight and I cannot feel them with my fingernail. Will Zaino be able to cover these or should I go with something a little more abraisive than DACP?

I am a little concerned about going more abraisive as I can see my clear coat coming off with DACP. My car is a Pearl Red and the clear cote is tinted making it very easy to see what is coming off in the pad. Nothing major but, I don`t want to go too aggressive with it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

meGrimlock
05-15-2003, 11:09 PM
I have recently Zainoed my grandparent`s Aerostar van which has severe swirling. The van is white, and the swirls didn`t stick out like a sore thumb, but I did use Meguiars paint cleaner in an attempt to clean the paint up a little. I applied one coat of Z5 and one coat of Z2, and I could tell that the Zaino did not fill the scratches at all. My main concern with the van was protection, so I did not spend a lot of time on swirl removal. If you cannot see the scratches in sunlight, you should be ok. A halogen worklight is the most unforgiving light source I have ever had experience with. Just to be safe, I would start off with a couple of layers of Z5 and then apply Z2 after you are satisfied with what you see. Good luck, and post some pics when you are done. :)

ultrajim49
05-16-2003, 12:37 AM
I hate to tell you ,

but,

Z is not abrasive and will never remove swirls,

it will not even fill in the swirls.

You will need a true polish to remove them.

As for protection : Z will do the job perfectly

Nick T.
05-16-2003, 12:46 AM
Along with not covering defects, Zaino will make them more visible because of its clarity and reflectivity. Don’t expect Z-5 to do much good in the way of hiding anything — it takes several layers to even begin to fill the most minor marring.

Good luck and have fun!

audio1der
05-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Sounds like a case for 3m SMR, or P21S GEPC.

topnotchtouch
05-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by audio1der

Sounds like a case for 3m SMR, or P21S GEPC.

How much more aggressive will these products be? As I said I can already see my clear cote coming off on the pad with DACP. I love the deep wet look I am used to with Carnauba but, the switch to Zaino is primarily for the durability so I may be able to live with these scratches since I rarely park under halogen lights :) But, if you all think these products will do the trick without removing too much more of my clear cote I will give it a try.

Thanks to all who have replied thus far :)