PDA

View Full Version : Griots Garage Undercarriage Spray

GP Infinity
05-15-2003, 09:19 PM
I ordered some based on my curiosity from some other threads I have read.. anyway I went out to my wife`s suv (Suzuki XL-7) and did one wheel well and then another and another and another..

All I can say is

WOOOOOOWWWEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :shocked THIS STUFF REALLY ROCKS!!! :shocked

smells good too... sorry by the time we got done washing her SUV it was too late to get pics... but man do I love this stuff.. probably gonna have to buy a gallon of it....

For you detailers, think about using this stuff on just those special cars or special deals...

oh well, it does look good and makes the wheel wells really shine.

I guess I have said enough... thanks for listening..:xyxthumbs

Dana

Cleanmaxx Brian
05-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Yup! I buy the stuff by the gallon:D Works real well and when it dries, everything looks new and not greasy. It also doesn`t seam to hold the dirt that is flung at it by the tires:xyxthumbs

MBZ 500E
05-15-2003, 10:48 PM
You may have already seen my earlier post, I agree this product is phenominal. :up Combine this with some elbow grease and you can restore the original look of your undercarriage and wheel wells.

I think it`s basically a good quality silicone combined with an alchohol which dissipates after a couple of hours, it leaves the silicone on the surface in just the right amounts and makes the wheel wells and undercarriage look GREAT!

By the way, if you like this product try some Pig Spit, it`s not as greasy and leaves a natural dark surface that`s amazing. Works great on nuts/bolts, certain rubbers and plastics. :bow

krusen
05-15-2003, 10:55 PM
re Griot`s Garage Undercarriage Spray

Here`s some additonal info on this product for anyone interested -- last fall I wrote Griot`s asking about it and got the following helpful reply:

Dear Ms. Krusenstjerna,

Thank you for your email, and your dedication to Griot`s Garage! Our Undercarriage Spray is the perfect way to "touch up" those hard to reach areas and set off your beautiful vehicle. Undercarriage Spray is a petroleum based product that does have a small amount of silicone to it. This is why we refer to it as a "touch up", or "quick clean" and not a restorer. It does not permanently color your undercarriage back to its original shade. Instead, it will adhere to your undercarriage for a period of time (over a month in my case) and give it a new appearance.

For the best results, clean your wheel wells with a high stream of water and allow them to dry. The cleaner your wheel wells are, the better your end results. Now, simply spray our Undercarriage Spray on the wheel wells, springs, body panels, etc., anything that used to have a black appearance to it`s painted surface. Our Undercarriage Spray should be applied with the "less is more" philosophy as it is a high quality product. It will dry, however may give you a "greasy" feel if you touched it (this, however, depends on the application, amount used, etc.). It is not a silicone laden product that will give you a drippy "slimy" appearance, similar to the product that put the fear of god into you before! For more information on our Undercarriage Spray, please follow this direct link to our website, http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=11138.

To help with the wheel, clean away the brake dust before you apply our Undercarriage Spray, take a look at our Wheel Detailing Kit (item 11124), http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=11124. This kit will give you the products you need to quickly and safely remove the brake dust, and then dress up your tires. For a finished look, give you wheel wells a couple of spritzes with our Undercarriage Spray and you will look brand new again!

I hope this information will be helpful. If you have any additional questions please feel free to reply to this email, or call our Customer Service Department at (800) 345-5789 6am - 8pm M-F and 7am - 3:30pm Saturday PST.

Thanks again for your e-mail and have a great day!

Steve

Have fun in your garage!

Steve Youmans

Internet Customer Care Representative

Griot`s Garage

800-345-5789 ext. 113

syoumans@griotsgarage.com

www.griotsgarage.com