PDA

View Full Version : QD for S100 on top of BF

mauritiusblue
05-15-2003, 10:40 AM
I have been using BF for last couple of washes I did on my car.

I have been hearing so many good things about S100 on top of BF and am thinking of goin out to pick some up. I recently purchased the QD for BF and was wondering if I could keep using this to QD on top of S100.

I would figure the answer is no. Since BF is a Synthetic and S100 is a Carnauba Wax.

If I am correct on my assumption, which QD would be a good one to go with the S100?

Thanks!

Accumulator
05-15-2003, 10:57 AM
HuKaShI - Your assumptions Re the BF QD over carnauba ARE correct. I suggest Quick Shine, which can be used over both carnaubas AND synthetics.

butchdave
05-15-2003, 11:31 AM
I suggest Quick Shine

OK, I`m a bit confused - who makes Quick Shine?

Is it Quik Shine by ClearKote? - I`ve recently seen references to Quickshine, Quick Shine and Quik Shine on these forums in the last couple of days and I`m not sure if they are all the same?

Thanks

mauritiusblue
05-15-2003, 12:26 PM
I think there is only one Quick Shine which is from Clearkote.

I am willing to try that QD out since most people here say good things about it.

Hey and if its good for Scottwax, its good for me.

One more question before I drop this; When is there too much dirt on the car for QD.

I recently drove through some rain and have a film of dust and dirt. Not too much. I want to QD since washing my car is not a easy option for me. Would this be OK? If so, which is the best way to go about it?

I will be using Ranney`s MF towels.

Accumulator
05-15-2003, 01:05 PM
butchdave- Sorry that I wasn`t explicit enough (and misspelled the name). Yeah, it`s Quik Shine (sic) from Everett at CLEARKOTE (www.clearkote.com)

HuKaShI - You`ll get differing views on QDing (when it`s safe and best method), but I never do it unless the vehicle is already virtually spotless. By the sound of it, your vehicle is too dirty for anything except a regular wash. QDing without inducing swirls can be tough.

TortoiseAWD
05-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Although there are probably better (and certainly less expensive) QDs to maintain a carnauba topper, I have used Z6 on top of S100 before with no ill result (I had the Z6 on hand, and nothing else at the time). I can`t say what it might have done to the wax layer`s durability, but it certainly left a familiar Z6 shine and slickness on top of the S100, and left no smearing or streaks that I could see on my silver paint.

Just another data point,

Tort

Lemonxxs
05-15-2003, 01:10 PM
Try the Eagle one QD for readily available and pretty darn good for carnuaba QD....Heck I like the Mothers too... EF CP......Meguiars FI....and the list goes on

bandit
05-15-2003, 01:45 PM
HuKaShi---You say washing your car is not an easy option for you. Have you tried Q&E wash yet. Very easy and safe. Do a search to find ot more about it.

P.S. This is what Scottwax uses.

ashsarna
05-15-2003, 01:55 PM
I would agree with Sprongs,

Try Q&E wash and get some Poorboy s&w too. These two will cut your wash reqirements and then you can use your choice of qd to do what they are essentially for, enhancing the wax. I like pinnacle CM and EFCP as carnauba based qd options.

imported_memnuts
05-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Prior to any QD session insure that the finish is clean. For some reason QD has changed from a clean car shine enhancing process between waxing to a light cleaning process. :nono.

Between washes for very light grime and right after a rain shower ( prevents water spots) use something like Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe ( excellent product cleans and shines :xyxthumbs) or QEW. I have not tried the QEW but many favorable reviews.

As always if in doubt let vehicle stay dirty until you can properly wash it. In the long run it save you a lot of work ( removing swirls). :wavey.

QD`s good on S100/P21S:

QuikShine (Clearkote)

Zaino Z6

Mother`s

EO Wet

Duragloss

Platium Shine Enhancer

QD`s the like that also enhance/extend protection:

Poorboy`s QD+

SuperShine Wax ( really a QD in my book)