PDA

View Full Version : Am I applying Klasse SG the wrong way?

OUCH
05-15-2003, 12:15 AM
Here`s what I do, first I get a MF Applicator, spray with EO Wipe n Shine put a nickel size SG right in the middle.. And then I start wiping, dragging it from left to right and then going over it again till I`ve covered the whole surface.. And then to make sure I covered every inch I do it up and down this time.. Am I suppose to do it in one pass? My car is white so it`s hard to tell which spot has been covered.

glass_image
05-15-2003, 06:25 AM
wow i really need to learn these initials :(

rleven
05-15-2003, 06:38 AM
MF is Microfiber, SG is Klasse Sealant Glaze, EO is who know what. The trick here is to put on a very very thin layer of SG. I spray my MF applicator with Meguiars Final Inspection. There is no silicone or wax in the product. Check out this link which gives the definitive Klasse method. Very detailed and if followed is fool proof.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12590&highlight=Klasse

dmarcus48
05-15-2003, 08:23 AM
I believe that EO is eagle one.

milani
05-15-2003, 09:17 AM
For the acronyms, see this: http://www.autopia.org/acronyms.php

Also, the instructions that jimwh provided are fantastic. I got very good results using this method. He recommends putting the SG on with a dry applicator. AIO is applied with a damp applicator. Good luck to you...

ashsarna
05-15-2003, 09:24 AM
There has been both veiws of sg (use a dry applicator or a damp one). I use an applicator misted with meguiars FI (as suggested by cma) and have great:up . Use very little and thin layers. The more you put the longer/harder it is to remove. I would use FI and a mf to remove if necessary.

Accumulator
05-15-2003, 10:52 AM
OUCH- Even though it`s hard to see on white, try using a LOT less SG. A nickel size amount sounds like an awful lot to me and I use SG on a minivan (big panels). When I apply it (usually using a yellow foam " hand waxing" pad), I just put the pad over the hole in the bottle`s spout and shake the bottle. This deposits a VERY small spot of SG on the pad. Then I move the pad and do it again and repeat a few times. I end up with small dots of SG on the applicator, enough for at least half a panel, maybe even a whole one depending on the vehicle. It`s pretty amazing how little SG is really needed.

For complete/even coverage on light colored vehicles, it`s very important to use a consistent method so you`re always doing the same thing- it`s easy to get into habits, so get into GOOD ones. I work off contour lines and panel breaks on the vehicle and go over each section more than once to make sure I don`t miss an area.

As you work around the vehicle, your pad will probably get more and more saturated with SG, so watch that you don`t end up using too much on the panels you do last. To help you see the SG during removal, fog the surface with your breath and remove with a consistent method (like what you did when applying).

Rattlehead
05-15-2003, 12:05 PM
I`ve applied 2 layers of SG over AIO. Both times I let it dry for 1 hour before trying to remove it. The first time I misted the MF applicator with Wipe `n Shine and the SG was hard to remove in some spots. The second time I dampened the applicator with water. The SG seemed to go on smoother and was easier to remove.

shaf
05-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Welcome to Autopia Rattlehead! :welcome

I also apply SG with a very very lightly dampened (water) foam applicator and draw a thin line of SG on the pad. This has allowed me to get the coats thin to the point where 1oz will do about 5 coats....