PDA

View Full Version : MF towels and Zaino

Roverhater
05-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Zaino kept saying 100% cotton towels on all the literature and web sites that I have seen. Still better to use Micro Fiber towels?

kg/cm²
05-14-2003, 03:06 PM
nothing touches *my* car other than a MF towel if that answers your question...

medic159
05-14-2003, 03:12 PM
He is strictly referring to content, not the fact that a towel is microfiber or not.

Hawkeye_TDI
05-14-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by DFTowel

He is strictly referring to content, not the fact that a towel is microfiber or not.

Hey leo,

Are your towels 100% cotton?

Bruce

Stu
05-15-2003, 08:25 AM
PakShak towels and MANY coats of Zaino. It`s a good combination IMO.

Stu

medic159
05-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Bruce Peter

Hey leo,

Are your towels 100% cotton?

Bruce

No, they are 100% AlpineMicrofiber which is a blend of 70% cellulose microfiber and 30% cotton.

JimS
05-15-2003, 11:53 AM
I posted about this and asked many questions via email and pm`s when I was using Zaino. I was told that since there are so many different quality mf towels out there the Zaino folks are leery of recommending their use so they recommend the safest way.

At www.lazaino.com they sell Fieldcrest white cotton towels all set up for use and he even called me to help me make my mind up. I got a set and use them on occasion but most have been cut up into small sizes for application pads and I use pakshak mf`s for everything.

I did, however, order some of the df`s just to check them out.

paco
05-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Rover,

A lot of the old timers and commercial product manufacturers recommend cotton based on the fact:

1. They`ve used cotton for years and don`t have a problem with it so why change a good thing?

2. Quality Control Issue: MF is a new technology and it`s just now starting to gain momentum in North America. There are many more poor brands out there than good ones. Where as, 100% cotton is much easier to find and you don`t really have to worry about QC.

If a Meguiar`s was to go out and recommend Microfiber without stating which top 3 or 4 brands we recommend (JT, Paksak etc.), they run the risk of someone using poor quality MF and scratching their paint and holding the company liable. Also, bad PR that could ensue.

Sal himself has said he has tested many many brands of Microfiber and still recommends 100% USA Cotton towels because there were only a couple of good Microfiber manufacturers and didn`t want to recommend any one vendor over the other.

Lastly, old school thinking. Hell, some people still recommend washing your car with dish detergent every wash. Then there`s the whole pledge use etc.

Don`t lose sight of the fact that avid enthusists like the people here account for probably less than 1% of the total population that maintain there cars. Which is less than 25% of the people of who owns cars.

We`re definitely an extreme minority for Companies like Meguiars, 3M etc.