PDA

View Full Version : What to top wheels with

m3pilot
05-14-2003, 01:52 PM
On my car I have high-polished aluminum wheels which are clear coated. I had previously used zaino on them and they looked ok. However, since I am no longer using zaino on my car, I decided to use some vanilla moose glaze on them and my jaw dropped at how good they look. With the zaino I could never get them to shine as good as I expected them to, now they almost look like chrome. So what should I top them with, I am looking for something with some durability since it is on the wheels? I was thinking maybe some poorboy`s ex?

Scott P
05-14-2003, 02:18 PM
I think Poorboys EX would be a great choice. Right now, I have my high polished GM wheels topped with VM and Moose Wax, but the thoguht of EX is an excellent idea.

imported_memnuts
05-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Since you have some left over Zaino use that to top. Great combination. Save the EX for your painted finish. Because of the extreme environment that wheels exist in I believe because of EX`s carnauba content that it would be less effective (durable) than Zaino. Since I switched I use my Zaino for wheels and glass protection. I have not used anything beyond car shampoo to keep them clean since I started cleaning with VM and topping with MW or Zaino. I have some UPP that will also serve this purpose well and extremely easy to use.

ntoddalbert
05-14-2003, 08:57 PM
I love VM on my BMW rims, I just reapply, once they are done the first time and clean it only adds a few minutes to the detail

I have never topped with anything That I felt was durable on wheels, they get pretty hot and brake dust is pretty brutal on anything

m3pilot
05-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Since you have some left over Zaino use that to top. Great combination. Save the EX for your painted finish. Because of the extreme environment that wheels exist in I believe because of EX`s carnauba content that it would be less effective (durable) than Zaino. Since I switched I use my Zaino for wheels and glass protection. I have not used anything beyond car shampoo to keep them clean since I started cleaning with VM and topping with MW or Zaino. I have some UPP that will also serve this purpose well and extremely easy to use.

The zaino will bond over the vanilla moose?

imported_memnuts
05-15-2003, 03:07 PM
Yes, well at least it appears to. Zaino is not as absolute or application fragile as people tend to think. I may not get 9 months of protection but I`m only asking for 1 one. :wavey

luvthong
09-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Yes, well at least it appears to. Zaino is not as absolute or application fragile as people tend to think. I may not get 9 months of protection but I`m only asking for 1 one. :wavey

Any update on how long Zaino topped on VM on your wheels? I am planning to do it this weekend. THanks.