PDA

View Full Version : Slight Swirlls #9???

imported_Timeless
05-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi all

This is my first post, but i’ve been doing alot of reading here the last couple of months (and spending).

Looks like I found another MONEY PIT thanks to you guys!!! I have a new PT Cruiser GT Turbo, Inferno Red, purchased in Feb.

During the winter I had to bring it to a local Hand Car Wash a few times, but now washing myself usually each

weekend using MGC car wash drying w/ MF’s Big Blue. I’ve noticed some very slight swirlling only

when I look at it with the sun reflecting, otherwise you can’t see it, no dout from the car wash.

Right now I have a coat of #26 over #7 from last month

Ready to go again, bought a PC, autopia clay kit. Was wondering if Megs#9 would be good to start off with for the

slight swirlling? don’t want to start too aggresive it’s new paint and want to keep it that way. Then EX with P21S on top.

I havn’t bought the #9, EX, or P21S yet so any suggestions would be appreciated :nixweiss

Thanks

Bernie

jmsc
05-14-2003, 12:02 PM
I just bought a PC 7336, some white and yellow CMA pads and a PC velcro backing plate. I will be using Meguiar`s #9 SR 2.0 for starters as its the least aggressive of the swirl removers (along with 3M SMR). Will be using the PC in the next few days for the first time. I will do 1 panel only and go from there. Will followup with P21S polish and wax.

If I need more aggressiveness, I will graduate to DACP.

Good Luck.

imported_Timeless
05-14-2003, 01:12 PM
One more ? Will the #9 remove the swirl`s or just fill and hide them?

shaf
05-14-2003, 01:21 PM
It will do a little of both. If you really want to check for removal and not just hiding, you can spray the surface with 50/50 alcohol and wipe it off. I think a great many people don`t bother with this though and are happy to proceed right to glaze and wax (or whatever).

Welcome to Autopia! :welcome