PDA

View Full Version : Interesting post from another forum

Pages : [1] 2

Scott P
05-14-2003, 08:48 AM
I found this thread on the Grand Prix forums. The topic involved topping Zaino with a wax. Here is one person`s reply:

I dont use wax, I dont believe in it. Ive been building street rods since I got out of school, and I would never use wax on a $50,000 paint job. At our shop, (and at most that I know of) will use a product called Finesse It. You can apply this product by hand like wax, let it glaze and wipe it off, but it is best applied by a high speed buffer. After that, I apply a product called Excite. This is applied by hand, then removed with a high speed buffer. The resulting shine is astonishing, and you dont get any of the buildup from wax. Paint on a car is just like your skin, it has to breathe. If you seal it off with wax that stays on for long periods of time, problems may occurr down the road. (Bubbling, and rust spots) The Excite stays on for about 5 washes, and comes off clean. Just my 2 cents, but I know not a drop of wax will ever touch my car.

It has been discussed here that high end concours winners use a glaze for the shine, but I have never heard of `Excite`. Also, I found the paint breathing comment a little Zymol-esque.

GP Infinity
05-14-2003, 09:01 AM
the thoughts of the uninformed.... :scared

Slackmeister
05-14-2003, 10:54 AM
It`s always fun to view the detailing "tips" from some of these forums.

milani
05-14-2003, 10:59 AM
Here is a tip that I saw on another forum about car care....

From www.c32life.com

Car Care

First, I highly recommend you check out the Autopia web site. There`s a wealth of information there! It`s WELL worth your time to do some reading there.

I guess Autopia is truly the utopia of car care!:bow

BA_Titan
05-14-2003, 11:07 AM
I think Scott P. and I recommend Autopia at least 2 or 3 times a week on the Grandprix Forum......:xyxthumbs His answers usually show he reads this forum, aka he knows what he`s talking about. :D

imported_Aurora40
05-14-2003, 11:32 AM
LOL, yeah rust spots occur when metal gets sealed... The best way to prevent something from rusting is to just leave it exposed to the elements. That works every time.

Paint on a car is just like your skin... Why does that analogy always get repeated? I mean, just ponder it for like two seconds... How on earth is paint in any way similar to your skin? I mean, do a lot of people just hear stuff and then start parrotting it without using even the tiniest bit of brain power to process it? I mean, those two things are so unbelievably dissimilar it is crazy... One is a hard chemically shell that gets sprayed onto metal. The other is, uh, your skin... Hell, why is painting so toxic? It`s just like spraying skin around, right? Who needs a face mask for that? What`s next? Using Skin-So-Soft as a quick detailer to restore that softness and suppleness to paint? :wall

lalaland
05-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Aurora40

What`s next? Using Skin-So-Soft as a quick detailer to restore that softness and suppleness to paint? :wall

I recommend Oil of Olay myself :xyxthumbs

BradE
05-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Removing products with a high speed buffer? Yikes!!!!

Oh and since the paint is alive, you know since it has to breath and all, it would also like a Big Mac Value Meal from Micky D`s when you get a chance. ;)

TurboCat
05-14-2003, 12:03 PM
$50,000 just for a paint job???!!! Is he kidding?!

For that price the paint better do more than just "breathe!!" :p

Jake11375
05-14-2003, 12:03 PM
LOL guys! That breathing, living paint crap is so ridiculous. LOL!

Mirakaski
05-14-2003, 12:18 PM
I ...

Scott P
05-14-2003, 12:36 PM
I just realized that the guy is in my local GP chapter. Tonight is ourmonthly bracket racing series and I think he`s coming out. Of course, with rain the past few days, my car is dirty. Maybe I should run out with some spray and wipe to make it look a little nicer for him.

I`m still curious what Excite is. I did a quick google searcha nd of course it turned up nothing related to an automotive product.

BA_Titan
05-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Scott, please ask him about Excite... drives me NUTS when I can`t find something......

shaf
05-14-2003, 01:49 PM
OMG! :wall :wall

My highlights:

-removing products with a high speed buffer

-paint breathing

-rust spots and bubbling from sealing paint

Riiiiiiiiiiight..... :rolleyes:

He`s right about one thing though, the value of his opinion. :D

jr weeks
05-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Wow.