PDA

View Full Version : Bugs don`t bug me as much anymore

RJJ
05-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Another neat observation after using Klasse on our two new VW`s (silver).

Took the diesel out for a trip this past weekend, first since putting three or four (forgot) layers of SG on the car. Went to midstate New York, some of the locks on the Champlain Canal and while we did the back roads up and back we still dispatched a good number of lower life forms on the bumper and hood and other leading edges of the formerly pristine bodywork.

What I noticed after washing the car the day after is that, all of the bugs, without exception, hosed right off the finish.

Gotta love Klasse.

mustangmike
05-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Had a similar experience last week.

My Taurus wagon has 4 layers of SG and a topper of S100. I drove from MI to TN, up and down some pretty serious hills in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and back to MI. The car was in some heavy rain during the drive and the rain rinsed off all the bugs. I had SG on the wheels and even with 4 wheel discs didn`t see any brake dust build up.

Normally I dread the first wash after I get home from a trip because of all the bugs firmly adhered to the car but this time it was easy.

Yup, gotta love Klasse.

HilfigerCelica
05-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Does Platinum or Zainos have the same effect on bugs?

2500Hemi
05-13-2003, 09:31 PM
I know Zaino worked that way for me. I went out of town last weekend and when I got home and washed my truck all the bugs washed right off the painted surfaces. Too bad I can`t say the same for my huge windshield:mad: Anyone got a window cleaner/polish that works similar?

JimS
05-13-2003, 10:22 PM
I get similar results when I use the same treatment on windows as I use on the paint. This was true when I used Zaino and is currently true with Poorboys EX. The bugs just don`t adhere nearly as tightly to either the paint or the windows.

chris0626
05-14-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 2500Hemi

I know Zaino worked that way for me. I went out of town last weekend and when I got home and washed my truck all the bugs washed right off the painted surfaces. Too bad I can`t say the same for my huge windshield:mad: Anyone got a window cleaner/polish that works similar?

I have the same experience with Zaino. How come you`re not using it on your windows?