PDA

View Full Version : sigh, autopia is my new money pit :)..PC

gnahc79
05-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Well, better get it all now before the gf (she doesn`t know yet) or wife (yikes) has control of the $$$ I guess.

Got the coastaltool 7424 bonus kit and the DAP-KIT from CMA. Now I gotta wait 7 days until it arrives and memorial day weekend to give it go.....hey, that`s pretty good timing :D.

I ALMOST got a 10x10 ezup, but I think my car doesn`t have room for it with all the stuff you fellow Autopians recommended.

man, I need to get another extension cord and step ladder. Ooo, and some DACP too. My detailing fundraiser better rake in a few thousand dollars this summer!! :bounce

Tim Lingor
05-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by gnahc79

Well, better get it all now before the gf (she doesn`t know yet) or wife (yikes) has control of the $$$ I guess.

Got the coastaltool 7424 bonus kit and the DAP-KIT from CMA. Now I gotta wait 7 days until it arrives and memorial day weekend to give it go.....hey, that`s pretty good timing :D.

I ALMOST got a 10x10 ezup, but I think my car doesn`t have room for it with all the stuff you fellow Autopians recommended.

man, I need to get another extension cord and step ladder. Ooo, and some DACP too. My detailing fundraiser better rake in a few thousand dollars this summer!! :bounce

Money pit? Try CANYON!!! Yikes!!! But, my wife still loves me!!:D

Magellan498
05-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Gf and wife? Sounds dangerous enough in of itself...

dmarcus48
05-13-2003, 04:01 PM
I have to laugh because before I found this site I was happy with a couple of coats of nufinish and some qd. Never knew so much detailing stuff existed.:p Now I`ve got a pc and a couple of hundred dollars of polish and wax and mf and bonnets and applicators, etc. Now all I want to do is try all of the different products!

Anyone know of any car detailers call helplines?

:shocked

shaf
05-13-2003, 05:10 PM
LOL yeah this hobby of ours is expensive. :p I was trying to do things "economically" at first, but now have tons more stuff and many duplicated products in the spirit of experimentation and being better equipped. Here`s some of the futile ideas/notions I had last year :rolleyes: :

-No, I don`t think I`ll ever need a PC and it`s too expensive. (This went out the window the day I did a neglected car.)

-I`ll just get one of everything and stick to what works.

-About a dozen MF towels should be enough I think.

-Cool! Everything I have fits into one duffel bag! (Everything now fits into 2 duffel bags and the rec room....)

:p

imported_Intel486
05-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Detailing stuff does cost a good amount of money. Mainly the equipment costs the most. Wait unti you want the $1500 carpet extractor :D

Cigarweekly.com is my money pitt. Woo... I don`t even want to see my next CC bill. I presently have won 96 cigars on an auction site :o with bids on another 115 cigars :eek:

imported_DennisA
05-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Even as a relative noob, I to am alarmed at how much I’ve spent to date on detailing supplies. An idea I’ve been kicking around for the past week to try to minimize costs somewhat is to trade small amounts of product amongst each other to try out. I was thinking in the one ounce range. This might work with liquid products but I don’t know how to do it with more solid products.

If there is any interest in this idea, and it’s OK with management, maybe a new thread on sample trades can be started? :o

Dennis

gnahc79
05-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

-No, I don`t think I`ll ever need a PC and it`s too expensive. (This went out the window the day I did a neglected car.)

this is the same reason I ordered a PC :). I could not get the front of a neglected 8 yr old car clean at all. Oh, my AG and p21s bodywork arrives tomorrow. More fun!

Nick T.
05-14-2003, 12:14 PM
Before the GF gets control of the checkbook you’d better get the 3.5†backing plate and some 4†pads from CMA (http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/porcabuldetm.html)!

milani
05-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I can hear the Matte-Effect kit from Autopia calling my name! :D Help!

gnahc79
05-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Nick T.

Before the GF gets control of the checkbook you’d better get the 3.5†backing plate and some 4†pads from CMA (http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/porcabuldetm.html)!

thanks, thanks a lot :D. Sigh, I`ll put that off for a while. I already have 3 shipments in UPS somewhere, having 4 is a bit much, hehe.

shaf
05-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Yeah it`s good to pace yourself. :D

boywonder
05-14-2003, 03:57 PM
When I first got on this site, I spent close to $300 in supplies or more. Now, the tag is about to get scarier because of more supplies (including an air compressor, extractor, PC). :D

imported_Greg
05-14-2003, 05:35 PM
I need an extractor badly. I wasn`t able to get a stain out of a customers car. I didn`t charge him, but it was the worst feeling in the world, failure.