PDA

View Full Version : Clearkote QS - my thoughts...

Pages : [1] 2

Paintxpert
05-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Only just managed to try this stuff today!

Thanks to Alex Creasy www.seriousperformance.co.uk for his prompt and well packaged delivery :bow :xyxthumbs

My initial thoughts of the bottle were that it is of good quality and shouldnt fall apart anytime soon.

Washed my car Sunday but unfortunately got caught in the rain straight after so had plenty of dry water on the car.

Using the QS and a MFtech MF, I proceeded to spray on and wipe off using one side of the MF for initial polish and the other side for buff.

Straight away I noticed how much slicker the paint was.... oops there goes my MF on the floor :shocked :doh

Ok picked it up of the floor and continued to wi... jk :rolleyes: ;)

Grabbed a clean MF and carried on to do the whole car.

I then started on the windows - nice and clean/shiny for the side and back windows, but the front window just smeared and smeared :mad: Maybe this is because there is some old RainX on the car, I dont know, but it wouldnt work...

Once finished, I stepped back to admire my work (except for the windscreen!).

The paint seemed slightly glossier, darker and most definately super-slick. I think reflectivity may have improved, but in all honesty - it was pretty fab before so I cant be sure.

The only problem I found with QS (apart from the windscreen smearing prob) is that there is not enough of it! I am already 1/5 the way through the bottle :eek: Which means it wont last very long, and for the price - this is a bit annoying. Ah well, cant win em all.

Pros - slick, glossy, darkening capabilities. Cleans imperfect paint just fine.

Cons - Possible problem with use on windscreen. Doesnt seem very economical (and a little expensive).

imported_memnuts
05-13-2003, 01:57 PM
You might be using a little too much. Try a misty spray bottle rather than the one that came with QS. I find QS one of the most economical QD`s out there. 3 mist for hood ( bonnet) and trunk, 2 for other panels.

RainX is very gummy and never really dries hard. That is why Quick smeared. It was trying to remove the RainX. On my Diamondite ( glass sealant) treated glass it works wondefully.:wavey

Paintxpert
05-13-2003, 02:21 PM
I`ll give my empty bottle of meguiars consumer QD a try next time :up

Scottwax
05-13-2003, 02:34 PM
I agree with Edwin, you really don`t need a lot of Quikshine to QD your car. I use Eagle 20/20 first to clean the windows, then go back over them with QS. Works great and my wipers don`t chatter like they do when I used Rain-X.

QS is pricier than most other QDs, admittedly, but to me, it is worth the extra $$.

unclearty
05-13-2003, 02:53 PM
I use QS in my wifes old hair spray pump bottles...they work great..very fine mist..they hold about 8oz. QS is to be used sparingly...the finer the mist , the better it works. I use very little to do my Benz. I found some cheap pump hairspray at Wa**rt...79cents each. Rinsed them out...scrubbed the outside lettering with a scotchbrite pad and relabeled them with a Sharpie pen. They really work great.

imported_memnuts
05-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by NickATRvtec

I`ll give my empty bottle of meguiars consumer QD a try next time :up

The Meguiar`s spray bottle is an excellent choice. Perfect for Quick Shine. :xyxthumbs

Nick, how much is QS in the UK from your local distributor?:nixweiss

imported_jgv
05-13-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by NickATRvtec

Thanks to Alex Creasy www.seriousperformance.co.uk for his prompt and well packaged delivery :bow :xyxthumbs

This link gets me nowhere...

Paintxpert
05-13-2003, 05:42 PM
blkZ28Conv - QS in 8oz is about £10 ($14 roughly?).

Jgv - the website is currently under development, but he can be contacted on this board. PM me for an email address if you wish

:)

Paintxpert
05-14-2003, 01:27 PM
Ok heres what I did:

I didnt want to lose the pretty QS bottle :o

So, I took the spray nozzle head off the Meguiars consumer bottle (the maroon one), cut the length of pipe a little and attached it to the QS bottle!

Et voila - nice pretty QS bottle with a nice useful and economical Megs QD sprayer :bounce :xyxthumbs

Paintxpert
05-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Just thought I would mention that I used my new modified QS today :)

Worked much better!

The spray now covers a larger area with a really small amount rather than lots on a smaller area.

Much better to polish and buff :xyxthumbs

Will be keeping an eye on the usage over the next few weeks.

Paintxpert
05-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Latest report

Did another QD of the entire car today and I am very very impressed :eek:

Usage is now markedly improved through the use of the meguiars spray nozzle.

I had some light dust on my car (its kept in an old garage). After a quick spray & wipe with QS the results were even better than before, I kid you not (definately wasnt a placebo). The shine is amazing and the `pop` is now incredible :shocked

:xyxthumbs

imported_memnuts
05-23-2003, 11:42 AM
Cooool!! :wavey

Pats300zx
05-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Are you using a Megs QD bottle to spray on the QS???

I really like QS and am getting ready to order some. (Thanks to Scottswax for turning me onto it).

It leaves the surface very slick with an incredible shine.

I am thinking of getting a gallon to save on shipping etc.

Thomasfl
05-23-2003, 01:56 PM
The Megiuars QD bottle is great for Quickshine.

Detailing NY
05-23-2003, 02:40 PM
quick shine is one of the best products i have used in a long time. It clean does windows, paint, door jams, chrome, wheels, etc....

one bottle should last about 8-10 cars if not more!

NYD