PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym Glass Polish

Pages : [1] 2

Re-Lax
05-13-2003, 10:02 AM
I`ve used this product a few times now and the more I work with it, the better it gets. This is a great product for your glass. To my surprise, the benefits from using it on the inside of the glass outweighed the benefits from the outside. I`ve always had problems with hazing on the inside, but this took care of that. I recomend application with a spong applicator, but if you use a terry applicator, you can apply with one side and flip ot over and remove what little is left with the other side Great stuff:xyxthumbs

Alex Creasey
05-13-2003, 10:52 AM
It does give nice results but is just way to dusty to make it worth while imho.

Spilchy
05-13-2003, 11:30 AM
I`m not a fan. I used it this weekend for the first time. It did not clean off any of the water spots, stains from the outline of the wiper blade or the dullness that was there on the front windshield. I was extremely disapointed. In fact, I`m considering returning it to CMA. Or, I`ll try it on the inside.

AIO on the other hand is the most superior product for glass. It eats through any grime and leaves a crystal clear finish. It`s incredible. Howeber, if you use it on your winshield, the wiper blades drag. I put on new blades and treated with 303 wiper treatment and they still dragged and I got a slight haze that would apear for a second until it cleared up. I would use AIO on all windows except the windshield.

shaf
05-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Funny, I thought it did a good job on waterspots. :nixweiss

Might be easier by PC than by hand though....

Spilchy
05-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Funny, I thought it did a good job on waterspots. :nixweiss

Might be easier by PC than by hand though....

Ah! You are right! I`ll try it with my PC and the pad it came with (if I can only find the darn thing).

Hopefully I won`t get splatter, but I`ll try it that way.

butchdave
05-13-2003, 04:25 PM
I apply it by hand and it works well for me, cleaning off water droplets etc and no haze.

I especially like it for the way it forms droplets which then run off - on my Traction the wipers are useless and I often don`t use them in the rain - I just let the water run off.

In fact I now sometimes don`t turn them on in the rain in my other cars either (maybe its something to do with having ridden motorbikes for years)

Lowejackson
05-14-2003, 10:55 AM
I like it a lot and so do a number of others here. I do note that DavidB does not like it unless used with a PC.

A damn good product :up

Steven

jcattarulla
05-14-2003, 11:41 AM
I recently bought some Detailer`s Pride Glass Cleaner and Glass Restorer (polish) from ********, on the recommendation of a very trusted source, and am looking forward to using it with my PC and a white pad on the outside of my windshield.

Any one have any experience or tips/tricks with it to share?

Ryan328is
05-20-2003, 01:43 AM
AG glass polish is very good. but also very smelly when you use it on the inside.

Ryan

BradE
05-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Ryan328is

AG glass polish is very good. but also very smelly

Agreed! Smells like a big bottle of Mineral Spirits. :down

gnahc79
05-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Spilchy

Ah! You are right! I`ll try it with my PC and the pad it came with (if I can only find the darn thing).

Hopefully I won`t get splatter, but I`ll try it that way.

On CMA they recommend a pad just for glass polishing. Should I be fine using either the included pad for the 7424 or a pad in the DAP-KIT?

JasonC8301
05-20-2003, 10:47 AM
I recommend using a dedicated pad for glass polishing.

I use the pad that came with my PC....It will never touch the paint. but for glass sure.

gnahc79
05-20-2003, 11:29 AM
thanks! :xyxthumbs I`ll just use the included pad only for glass...I`m going to give the AG + PC a try this Friday for the first time under a worklight, any tips not already mentioned on CMA?

Bobby G
05-23-2003, 08:59 AM
I have done more experimenting with AG Glass Polish. By hand, when used with a terry foam applicator, it does an excellent job on interior and exterior glass... but don`t use it in the sun! Like most products, a little goes a long way. If you`re getting dust, you`re using too much. Use a little and rub it in until it goes way.

By PC, AGGP will remove the toughest of water spots and stains on exterior glass. I recommend the 4" backing plate and pad from CMA. This product works best with a rotary or drill.

BradE
05-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Hmmm, I`ve never tried AGGP with a rotary before. Do you apply at 1,000 RPM David? I`m smelling a product test. :D