PDA

View Full Version : Too much Lube? (clay)

LouisanaJeeper
05-13-2003, 12:31 AM
Mother`s clay kit

96 Jeep

I split the clay into two pieces. I used 1/2" bar to do the entire car tonight. I got most everything off, except the hood and roof which I will do again tommorow. I think I used up the first 1/2bar. I will move onto the next bar.

Anyway, I used all of the included lube as well as another 32oz of 1:16 water/mother`s car wash solution in the process. I know it is a big truck, but did I use too much lube? I was able to get good cleaning action out of the bar, and I heard it picking up stuff. :nixweiss

shaf
05-13-2003, 02:13 AM
Hmm, using up all the QD and an additional 32oz of liquid does sound a bit high. Then again, I try to be pretty tight about how much and where I spray the lube and also keep a spray bottle of water with me to "wake up" the QD if it starts to dry out too fast.....

I don`t try to saturate the area until it`s dripping and just do a bit more than if I was QDing. I kind of spread the lube around a bit with the bar as I`m working too. If it makes you feel that you`re getting better lubrication that way though, I don`t see any harm from using so much.

audio1der
05-13-2003, 08:10 AM
If it works for you , lube is cheap to replace.(as opposed to the clay)

You might be wasting some, but better to over, than under-lube when claying initially. You should be able to get away with using less when re-doing the hood and roof.