PDA

View Full Version : Scratches and #9....

Si00
05-12-2003, 02:23 AM
Just wondering the Meg`s #9 will remove surface scratches..? I know its a SMR, but will it do anything to my minor surface scratches..? If not, what do you guys recommend to remove them..? Something i can find locally, please...

I will be glazing the paint with Meg`s #7 after i apply and remove the #9 (all by hand), just thought i`d let you guys know just incase it matters for your opinion/suggestion...Thanks in advance..

raymond_ho2002
05-12-2003, 04:00 AM
It`s hard to tell what you mean by "surface scratches." I was able to remove light scratches by hand with #9.. light, meaning i could only see them in direct sun.

Si00
05-12-2003, 10:59 AM
What i mean by surface scratches is, i can see the scratch, but can`t feel them with my fingernail. I have a few "cat getting on my car" scratches. And a few that are a little deeper than others. Like i said, just wondering if the #9 will remove them or will i need a scrath remover of some sort...

gnahc79
05-12-2003, 11:08 AM
scratchx is the next step up from #9 and should take out the surface scratches. Just make sure to use a clean pad, better use a brand new one since you`re going to work the product pretty good. I`ve tried both, start with #9 and move on to scratchx if the scratches aren`t removed.

Anything stronger and IMO you`re in PC-land. :)

Nick T.
05-12-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Si00

Just wondering the Meg`s #9 will remove surface scratches..? I know its a SMR, but will it do anything to my minor surface scratches..? If not, what do you guys recommend to remove them..? Something i can find locally, please... In my limited experience anything more abrasive that Meg’s #9 doesn’t work well with hand application. Beg, buy, borrow, or steal a RO buffer and fall back to Meg’s #2 if #9 isn’t sufficient.

Good luck and have fun!