PDA

View Full Version : DF towel question

BTW574
05-11-2003, 09:06 PM
I am looking for some new MF towels and the DF caught my interest. The thing is if they absorb slower than other towels wouldn`t they cause scratches if used for QDing.

If all you are doing is pushing the stuff around because it absorbs slower.

medic159
05-12-2003, 10:56 AM
No it won`t. The slower wicking properties actually help, you should first wipe quickly on a clean car to spread the QD evenly then slowly to remove excess and buff. The same applies to window cleaning,

imported_memnuts
05-12-2003, 02:23 PM
No! If DF Towels scratches your surface if it not the fault of this towel or any other MF. Never QD a surface that has dirt of any size on it. There are products that one can use to lift light grime and remove from contact with the finish ( ie Poorboys Spray and Wipe :xyxthumbs). Then you can follow with your favorite QD. Remember many QD`s will hide the harm (scratches) you just did to your finish and when you wash your car the damage will suddenly appear :shocked:. Error towards washing if in doubt.

DF towels are excellent MF`s that I personally use for a final wipe after a Cali "dusting" and also the softest wash towel I ever used. :xyxthumbs

Mr. Clean
05-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

No! If DF Towels scratches your surface if it not the fault of this towel or any other MF. Never QD a surface that has dirt of any size on it. There are products that one can use to lift light grime and remove from contact with the finish ( ie Poorboys Spray and Wipe :xyxthumbs). Then you can follow with your favorite QD. Remember many QD`s will hide the harm (scratches) you just did to your finish and when you wash your car the damage will suddenly appear :shocked:. Error towards washing if in doubt.

If used improperly (dry surface/towel + rubbing), I believe that you can mar a surface no matter whose towel you use. Light dusting with the DFTowel, followed with the Poorboy`s S&W I have been able to clean a fairly dirty vehicle without any surface marring. As blkz28Conv states for your finish`s sake, always wash if in doubt.

Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

DF towels are excellent MF`s that I personally use for a final wipe after a Cali "dusting" and also the softest wash towel I ever used. :xyxthumbs

I use the DFTowel in place of the CCD. The DFTowel is the softest towel I have ever used, period.:up

Hawkeye_TDI
05-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Is there a web site for DFtowels?

Mr. Clean
05-13-2003, 10:05 PM
If you will look at the second poster in this thread, you will find Mr. Leo, DFTowel himself.