PDA

View Full Version : The biggest compliment you recieved...

Pages : [1] 2

emachine44
08-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Many people comment on my car`s constant near perfect condition, but my biggest compliment came from a little dog that looked at his reflection off my door for like 2 minutes. It just sat there and watched my door. Though I was getting ready to beat it down with a stick just in case it tried to attack his reflection.

RJ SD
08-15-2004, 01:51 AM
I was taking a guy out to see his freshly detailed car and he walked right by it without realizing it was his. I thought that was pretty cool.

zesty-man
08-15-2004, 04:12 AM
:lmfao

dafowl1
08-15-2004, 07:21 AM
I just get the thumbs up all the time being that my car is fairly new everyone expects it to shine.

ALAN81
08-15-2004, 08:07 AM
One of my cars is 2 years old and people ask me "is that a new car?" makes me feel good

Ace Of Spades
08-15-2004, 09:59 AM
"It didn`t look this good when I picked it up brand new! How did you get it to shine like that?" I think that`s partially the reason I detail vehicles. Seeing a quality finished product and making people fall in love with their car all over again.

kartoon
08-15-2004, 10:07 AM
I recently detailed my father`s 4 year old car and a few people at his work said that brand new cars don`t look this good. Then one of them called me and asked me what magic product I used.

andriver
08-15-2004, 10:11 AM
I often get compliments on my 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Friends have mentioned that it still looks new.

mtodde
08-15-2004, 10:59 AM
I work from home sometimes and the other day a neighbor was walking her dog. She stopped and checked out her reflection walking all around the car...then she adjusted her hair while looking at the reflection from the trunk lid. Five minutes later she came by again to check herself out. That made me feel great! Do you think I should tell her that I was looking out the window?

zesty-man
08-15-2004, 01:22 PM
hahahaha, that a good one. i wish women would do that with me and my car :).....

Poorboy
08-15-2004, 01:54 PM
ahhh you actually showed up :lmfao

MattZ28
08-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Last year I was up in NY, sitting in my car parked on the side of the road on a back street. Some guy stops with 2 cars behind him, rolls down his window and tells me how shiny and clean my paint looks and kept saying "WOW", asking what year it is, etc.....that really made my day.

91LSMAN
08-17-2004, 08:19 PM
I get compliments on my Legend sometimes. A few of my favorites:

-My BOSS when I first bought my Legend: "What Year is that?"
ME: "What Year do you think it is?"
BOSS: "ummmmmm 99?"
ME: 91 :mohawk

-I was in a SafeWay parking lot and this woman in an SUV pulls up and says. "Your car is beautiful!!!!!!!" "What Year is that?" "I used to have a 91 Legend, I miss it".

Most of the compliments I get are people thinking it`s newer than it is. :cool

mtodde
08-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by 91LSMAN
I get compliments on my Legend sometimes. A few of my favorites:

-My BOSS when I first bought my Legend: "What Year is that?"
ME: "What Year do you think it is?"
BOSS: "ummmmmm 99?"
ME: 91 :mohawk

-I was in a SafeWay parking lot and this woman in an SUV pulls up and says. "Your car is beautiful!!!!!!!" "What Year is that?" "I used to have a 91 Legend, I miss it".

Most of the compliments I get are people thinking it`s newer than it is. :cool

I don`t know how long you`ve had the car, but it looks way too good for a 91!!! You`ve either kept it up well or done some great work! :bow

91LSMAN
08-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by mtodde
I don`t know how long you`ve had the car, but it looks way too good for a 91!!! You`ve either kept it up well or done some great work! :bow

Thanks. I`ve had it for around 2 1/2 years. It`ll be 3 in Jan. 05. The previous owner was an older lady (she bought it new in 91) and she traded it in at a Lexus dealership with only 60k on it!! I drive it almost every day, but it`s a lot of short trips mostly and right now I only have 77k on it. :cool