PDA

View Full Version : EX Question

Thomasfl
05-09-2003, 10:06 AM
I just got my Poorboy`s package yesterday. Last night I had to do some experimenting. The EX is very impressive, I put it over 5 layers of UPP, and it added some depth while keeping the high gloss. What have you guys been using as a polish before the EX.

imported_memnuts
05-09-2003, 11:42 AM
The total re-prepping:

3M Perfect-It II Fine Cut followed by 3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze (SMR) followed by P21S GEPC.

Poorboys makes a SMR, which I have but have not had a chance to test. If it is like his other products I am sure it will work well. I am not sure yet where to place Poorboy`s SMR+. Before 3M Perfect-It III or after. From rubbing the polish between my fingers tells me before. :nixweiss. Testing in the future will tell. :o

ashsarna
05-09-2003, 12:02 PM
I have used it two ways (one for each car):

total prep, 3M Perfect-It II Fine Cut, followed by 3m smr then AIO as a base then EX(silver car).

As above but then AIO and 4xSG then EX(black car).

I have not put a topper on the silver car ( a)already gives the great deep shine that I get with s100/ps21,(b) not any real visual difference, (c) it feels very slick and (d) it allows me to keep layering the EX :o . The black car I have used souveran and s100/ps21 as toppers and the shine/dept is :up .

Thomasfl
05-09-2003, 01:04 PM
asharna, maybe I am wrong but can`t you layer the EX over anything including S100.

ashsarna
05-09-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by thomasfl

asharna, maybe I am wrong but can`t you layer the EX over anything including S100.

As far as I have read/experimented, I would say yes!! Keep experimenting, though, this is still a new product and I am not sure if there is a good measure of its durability over carnauba toppers. I had it over s100/ps21 for more than a week (looking :up ) before I removed it and did a overall detail as mentioned above. Take into consideration that carauba waxes in general have less durability than the sealants (I am not sure if applying EX over s100/ps21 would increase the carnauba`s durability or not. hint, experimentation time).

proshine2009
05-09-2003, 01:36 PM
i`m done with my exprements. since i have bright red color, i`m looking for the reflective look so i have 6 layers of zaino for protaction and the reflective look, then 2 of EX for the carnuba look, then soveran for the pop in the red color, then EX again just to exprement if it has any bonding issues.

(i`m not looking for duribility here just the gloss and shine)

as a polish for EX in my first experiments i use the SSR1 from poorboy it`s less abrasive then 3M SMR and high gloss.(again this is from my experiments). used it with a pc and CMA yellow pad i very happy with it as a polish less then 3M SMR.

good luck

bandit
05-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Has anyone tried Poorboys Pro Poish prior to using the EX?

Was wondering if I was to strip the car and start over with the last couple of steps being Pro Polish followed up with the EX if the results would be a deeper and wetter looking shine.

imported_jgv
05-09-2003, 05:02 PM
I`ve tested many products in different combinations, from AIO to Mothers SG, from SG to UPP, P21S, liquid Souveran, well, you name it. But this last combination (and prep) I did, knocks them all. I`ve never seen my car looking so good, and don`t believe it would be possible. This is what I did:

Menzerna Fast Cut (where needed w/ rotary)

DACP w/ PC

3M PI-III Final Polish (09376) w/ PC

3M PI-III Finishing Glaze (09377)

Poorboys EX

If you have a chance try this. It`s incredible!

Poorboy
05-09-2003, 05:03 PM
I have :LOLOL to Sprongs

imported_jgv
05-09-2003, 05:09 PM
And??? Did you use THAT (09377) Finishing Glaze?

Poorboy
05-09-2003, 05:28 PM
JGV you type too fast:lol

JimS
05-09-2003, 11:45 PM
I stripped my truck of the 5 layers of Zaino I had on it and then put down a coat of Poorboys Pro wax prior to the 3 layers of EX I have on it. (See my thread under the product review forum.)

I had a good experience using the Pro Polish. Easy to use, deep and bright shine. Swirls were not an issue on the white relatively new truck so I can`t really report on the use of Pro Polish as a clean up product. I used it primarily as a base for the EX.