PDA

View Full Version : Layering SG

hellr
05-08-2003, 05:01 PM
This is my plan on layering coats of SG on my car during the Summer. I am goign to start off with some AIO and apply a layer of SG and follow it up with Blitz wax. If in a few weeks I washed the car and stripped the wax with a clay bar could I just add another layer of SG then? Or should I add the layers all at once?

2wheelsx2
05-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Don`t add all the layers at once. You need at least 24 hours between coats of SG for best results (no scientific evidence, all testaments are anecdoctal).

What I would do is not top with wax until you are down with SG. Here is what I would do (and have done):

Day 1 - wash, clay, and polish. AIO, then 1xSG

Day 2 - QD if no rain and no dirt, otherwise wash. 1xSG

Keep repeating step 2 until you get all the layers you want, then wax.

shaf
05-08-2003, 05:15 PM
I wouldn`t use clay to strip anything. If you do need to clay I would start all over again from square 1. As said, I would hold off on applying the Blitz until you`re done layering. Klasse SG is plenty of protection by itself.

huggybear
05-08-2003, 05:49 PM
I agree with them just get one layer of SG down the frist day and you are good protection wise. Then the next day apply another coat so on and so forth until you like the look. After you like the way the SG looks slap a coat of Blitz on there.

On a side note after 5 layers of SG you get diminishing returns on appearance gains. IMO

My two coats of wax.