PDA

View Full Version : Methods of Application?

vaca222
05-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Hi everyone :) I`m relatively new here, but I`ve gained a lot of info from just browsing the forums, and I`ve gotten some products based on recommendations here.

Just a simple question...I have one of thse 10" or 12" Sears type of random orbital buffers...brand new last year as a gift. I also have a brand new car with a great finish to it already that I`ve made sure to keep in tip-top shape from the beginning. Based on your recommendations, I`ve only been applying s100 to the finish, and the results are outstanding, but I`m looking to take my work to the next step (see here: http://photos.yahoo.com/vaca31079 for my work). I haven`t used the buffer on my car for fear of marring the finish or creating swirl marks...I just rely on good old elbow grease. I`m not a professional, but I think i can handle a buffer well. Would it be safe to use?

Also, I`m thinking of starting the AIO, SG, s100 soon to make my car VERY shiny :xyxthumbs . Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!!

sheltem
05-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Is the Random Orbital used to Apply the wax or sealant on or is it to Remove it off?

vaca222
05-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by BlackRegal

That buffer would probably be safe to use as long as you have some really good bonnets for it. I`ve never really seen any high-quality "off the shelf" bonnets for a polisher that large.

Would that be for applying the products and removing, or just strictly for the final polishing/buffing? I didn`t realize that even the bonnets came in different grades.

shaf
05-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Bonnets usually come in different types, not grades as far as I know. Among the types I`ve seen are: terry cloth, "wool", wax applicator (disposable!), and foam. If you read their suggested usage for them though, it can get pretty weird sounding.....

2wheelsx2
05-08-2003, 04:18 PM
I`ve tried those types of polishers and bonnets. Waste of money, as far as I`m concerned. I could do everything better and faster by hand. If you wanted an RO buffer, get the PC7424.

Those big buffers are pretty good for polishing wood furniture, which they were originally designed for.