PDA

View Full Version : What leather cleaner/conditioner would you recommend locally?

Preachers Sheets
05-06-2003, 07:08 PM
I don`t mind if I need to purchase two products (one as a cleaner and one to protect) I just need something I can find at PepBoys, Autozone or Lappens... Don`t want to mail order. I have two interior jobs coming up.

imported_edschwab1
05-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Try Lexol.

Eric

huggybear
05-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Megs gold class 2 part system is useable. you can snag it at target. Do a search on the zymol leather stuff ive never tried it but heard it is useable too.

kbshadow
05-06-2003, 07:42 PM
I have been using Mothers, like all their products its great, it is two bottles.

Bob

Stockton Ca

Bucky
05-06-2003, 07:59 PM
I know this is my first post, but after scouring this forum after being referred here from the Jeep forum, I decided on Lexol products for my Grand Cherokee Limited and I have been very pleased. I also have been very pleased with the Lexol-made Vinylex product for rubber/vinyl/plastic. Good stuff!

Bucky

Mr. Clean
05-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Based on local availability, I agree with edschwab1 Lexol would be my choice. A two-step product that works quite well. The only drawback I see is the scent. It`s not bad, but certainly doesn`t have that leather scent I would prefer.

rstype
05-06-2003, 08:30 PM
I would recommend both the Eagle One and MOTHERS. They both seem to be more effective than Lexol IMHO.

Mr. Clean
05-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by BW

I would recommend both the Eagle One and MOTHERS. They both seem to be more effective than Lexol IMHO.

BW,

Would you care to elaborate? I would be most interested in the Mother`s products, but if you wanted to include the Eagle One others may prefer the EO products.

LouisanaJeeper
05-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Bucky

I know this is my first post, but after scouring this forum after being referred here from the Jeep forum, I decided on Lexol products for my Grand Cherokee Limited and I have been very

Bucky

Hey, you over here from www.jeepsunlimited.com ? That is my first home as well.

Lexol works great!

shaf
05-07-2003, 01:20 AM
I would definitely buy the Lexol Cleaner, but the Mothers Conditioner. The Lexol works like a soapy, sudsy damp solution that`s wiped off with a damp cloth, so it gets "rinsed" a bit, which I like. And the Mothers Conditioner is fairly easy to find, but doesn`t STINK like a lot of other conditioners do. It just smells pleasantly of innocuous coconuts instead. :)