PDA

View Full Version : Technique and clean-up questions

imported_buffer
05-06-2003, 02:58 PM
I did my first detailing job ever with a PC recently and was very please with my work. The final result can be found here (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22829).

Now while I was doing it I was amazed how much product you saved using the PC. I read that usually a circle of product on the pad is good but towards the end I was using something like 4 drips of product.

How do you know when the pad is caked with product. The pad I was using turned significantly Red when I was using MPPC but the product still went on clean. Is there something I should be looking for?

I have my Meguiars pads soaking right now in water. How do I get them clean. I would assume that soaking get most of the product off but what about the color. On of my 8006 pads is red. How do I get it back to yellow?

JasonC8301
05-06-2003, 03:08 PM
I usually switch out the pad if it looks caked with product or paint (non-clear) or caked with dirty and grit from the paint.

I soak my pads in a strong solution of dawn and hot water. Makes my pads the original color or darn close to it. Then rinsing them once in warm and a final rinse in cool water.

Jason