PDA

View Full Version : argh, glass polish in norcal/bay area?

gnahc79
05-06-2003, 12:13 PM
eh, glass polish is eluding me these days, can`t find it anywhere. I managed to find Plexus for plastics at Cycle Gear, but can`t find meg`s glass polish. Called West Marine and the guy said they don`t carry it (although someone here said they got it from there), harley shop doesn`t have it, and neither do the standard auto parts shops like pep boys and kragen. Yeah, I could always go with CMA, but it`s so far away :D.

any ideas? near san jose/fremont/santa clara?

gnahc79
05-06-2003, 12:19 PM
sigh...answering my own question, I`m such a putz. FYI, Boater`s World Marine Ctr on steven`s creek has both meg`s plastic and glass polish.

i gotta remember to check all of these boating/marine places for stuff :)

chris0626
05-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Sounds like you`re committed to local retailers. But I`m real happy with the Zaino glass polish. Worked wonders on my scratches/scars. :up You can order it from www.zainobros.com, or e-mail them to locate your nearest distributor.

gnahc79
05-08-2003, 06:06 PM
:wall ...meguiar`s doesn`t carry a glass polish (from their online catalog at least). The peeps at the boat place said they had it, but turned out they thought I was asking for the meg`s plastic polish, oh well.

no matter, my order of autoglym from CMA is on its way :)

JasonC8301
05-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Ira at www.lazaino.com sells Zaino Z-12 a good glass polish. I like it. Haven`t helped me with the scratches, just made the glass smooth and shiny. any tips Lynn?

chris0626
05-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

Ira at www.lazaino.com sells Zaino Z-12 a good glass polish. I like it. Haven`t helped me with the scratches, just made the glass smooth and shiny. any tips Lynn?

For me, it was kinda like the tips abouts various SMRs: keep rubbing/polishing til the polish breaks down. If you use it like you`d use Windex, you get the results Windex provides. But rub it in good, and I started to see the scratches reduce. I`m sure others here have better/more-experienced tips.

JasonC8301
05-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks, must be the scratches then, too deep to polish out, only thing left, replace the windshield. I used the PC and foam polishing pad with Zaino Z12.