PDA

View Full Version : dirt in new paint

needhelp
08-14-2004, 05:54 PM
i need help. i just had my chevy truck repainted and it has thousands of small bits of dirt in it. The body shop said it was normal and it just needed to be detailed. It also has two large runs in it that they said they would fix before it would be retuned to me. I paid for the top paint job and do not feel this is normal. Can anyone tell me if bits in the paint are normal and can be removed by a good detailer or is this just a poor paint job. Also the truck is black so the bits show badly.

Jngrbrdman
08-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Sounds like poor paint to me. Anytime you see runs in the paint is bad news. Take it back to the shop and have it redone. I would report them to the BBB if they don`t do it. Dirt in the paint is not going to get detailed out. It would have to be sanded out. That is not good news. Tell the shop that if it can be detailed out, then they need to find you a detailer and pay for it. It definitely sounds like they did a really bad job and they should have to do it again. It is not normal to have poor quality like that when you pay for something.

Boss_429
08-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Yep, it sounds like a crappy prep job, or a dirty shop. Take it to a pro good detailer, and get his opinion.............. I`ll bet he will tell you very quickly.

The Fuzz
08-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
Yep, it sounds like a crappy prep job, or a dirty shop. Take it to a pro good detailer, and get his opinion.............. I`ll bet he will tell you very quickly.

I`d say that two already have. ;) I agree with both of them. Its a nasty paint job. Take it back and tell them to do it over again. They have to do it again if you point out the problems. Do it soon before they find a reason to blame it on you.

clean4u
08-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by The Fuzz
I`d say that two already have. ;) I agree with both of them. Its a nasty paint job. Take it back and tell them to do it over again. They have to do it again if you point out the problems. Do it soon before they find a reason to blame it on you. :yeah