PDA

View Full Version : another day, another detail

HRD
05-06-2003, 09:21 AM
Well it was the Delsol`s turn to be beautified. ;)

A little background, as my sig indicates it`s a 1994. It was purchased in Nov 1993. It has 84K miles. It has done duty as a daily car, a weekend fun car, and has been to various circuits on a few occasions.

It did duty as my daily car this winter, and had some swirl issues as a result.

Procedure went as follows:

ProWax C45 PowerLift Fallout Remover

ProWax C60 Super Car Wash

ProWax P26 Clear-Cut Compound, applied with PC on level 3-6 with yellow `cutting` pad.

ClearKote Vanilla Moose Wax, applied with PC on level 3 with white `polishing` pad

Soft99`s Authentic Premium Carnauba Paste Wax, applied by hand

Turtle Wax Wet-n-Black on the tires

Stoner`s Trim-n-Shine on vairous exterior trim pieces

Overall I am very pleased with the results. :)

HRD
05-06-2003, 09:24 AM
gratuitous S2000 shot...lol

Accumulator
05-06-2003, 09:31 AM
HRD- Good job. I notice you didn`t miss the muffler. Interesting that you could go straight from the P26/yellow to the VM.

lalaland
05-06-2003, 09:34 AM
very nice! must have been hard getting into some areas like the rear windshield and spoiler area...

Love the rims too!

imported_edschwab1
05-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Good work!!

BumpersPlus2
05-06-2003, 08:12 PM
If you mix some of Pro`s trouble shooter with the clear cut, it wont dry on you so fast, and adds some depth. I mix it about 50/50.;)

HRD
05-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

Originally posted by Accumulator

HRD- Good job. I notice you didn`t miss the muffler. Interesting that you could go straight from the P26/yellow to the VM.

That wasn`t the original plan. This was the first time I have tried P26, so I was planning on using Meg`s Swirl Free after it. I started with the trunk, which is completely flat. When I finished, there was no hazing whats so ever that I could tell. Plus with the a light directly overheard, the surface appeared very mirror like. I was impressed with the results and decided that the Swirl Free step wasn`t needed. I only noticed one spot on the entire car that showed a bit of hazing, and that was around one of the side mirrors, where I probably didn`t work the product enough due to the awkwardness of the angle.

QUOTE]Originally posted by lalaland

must have been hard getting into some areas like the rear windshield and spoiler area... [/QUOTE]

You have now idea! It`s definitely a pain in the behind.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Bumpers Plus

If you mix some of Pro`s trouble shooter with the clear cut, it wont dry on you so fast, and adds some depth. I mix it about 50/50. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. As I said, it was my first time using P26, and I liked it very much. The product broke down quickly, left minimal to no hazing (for me at least) and wiped off effortlessly with no streaking/greasy residue (which is a big deal in my book!). It worked great on swirls and spider webbing but it lacked the cutting power (with the PC at least) to make much of a dent in anything more serious.

I am very glad I tried it. :xyxthumbs