PDA

View Full Version : California Water Blade

Rednsxe
05-06-2003, 04:45 AM
Hows the CWB.....I`m really hesitant about getting this product.... i heard a lot of great things but very skeptical of how a product like that wouldn`t scratch the paint

Accumulator
05-06-2003, 09:21 AM
Rednsxe - A search on this topic will give you more info than you wanted to see! Short take: if (many would say "when") a speck of something abrasive gets between the blade and your car it`s scratch-city. If that never happens, the blade itself won`t scratch the car. I only use it on beaters. You MUST wash the car impeccably before using the thing and wipe its edge after every swipe.

imported_BretFraz
05-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Yep, a search will turn up many discussions. I use a CWB, don`t take any special precautions, and have never had a problem.

Spilchy
05-06-2003, 09:36 AM
oh no, not this again! There`s tons of info on the CWB. A simple search will pull up some helpful threads.

Glossequation
05-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Rednsxe

Hows the CWB.....I`m really hesitant about getting this product.... i heard a lot of great things but very skeptical of how a product like that wouldn`t scratch the paint

Don`t be hesitant, this thing is such a time saver for me, I`ll never go back to trying to dry with towels. Only use them to get hard to reach places and finish up. And this is on a BLACK `96 Cobra.

Magellan498
05-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Well, should you decide to get one, just never leave it in your car on a sunny day lol. The thing melts and is ruined! Believe me :D :D

imported_buffer
05-06-2003, 10:17 AM
I use it as well and have had no problems to date. I would think that anything that could happen with this could happen with a towel. If you get any grit between what you hare using and the paint it`ll scratch. Like was said above... The time you save is nice.

andriver
05-06-2003, 02:18 PM
This is a real time saver on both of my Grand Cherokees. I also use it on my wife`s mustang. I usually finish with a soft terry cloth.

shaf
05-06-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

oh no, not this again! There`s tons of info on the CWB. A simple search will pull up some helpful threads. I AGREE! :rolleyes:

It feels like we`ve talked this issue to death the last couple months or so. :p