PDA

View Full Version : Best Look for a Torch Red Vette??

CuriousJa
05-06-2003, 12:22 AM
i just bought a `01 torch red corvette and im now looking for some QUALITY detail products for it. im really just looking for opinions on what you guys think will give me the best look on the torch red paint color? ive been leaning toward either..Zaino, Souveran or P21S but not sure. any opinions would be great. Thanks- Ja:up

Jngrbrdman
05-06-2003, 12:24 AM
Well, first off you need to decide if you are going to go with a synthetic like Zaino or a carnauba like Souveran or P21S. There is a huge difference in how much work you are going to put into it. You`ll be out there waxing every other week to maintain a shine that Zaino can do all by itself for months. There are ups and downs to both types of products. Are you looking to get something that is low maintainance or something where you can spend some time with your car waxing it a couple times a month?

CuriousJa
05-06-2003, 12:32 AM
as far as maintainance goes i dont mind going out and waxing it every month or even every two weeks, that doesnt bother me at all, i enjoy it. As far as durability goes i dont think its much of an issue for me because the car is only driven on nice days and parked in the garage otherwise. Thanks- Ja

Jngrbrdman
05-06-2003, 12:38 AM
Well, I would suggest getting the best of both worlds and use both of them. There have been mixed reviews about topping Zaino with a wax. Klasse on the other hand, has always worked well with carnauba toppers. You get the protection and gloss of a sealant and the wet glow of a carnauba. You can`t lose. :) I love Klasse with a P21S topper. Souveran looks pretty awesome on red too. Souveran really looks great on reds, dark greens, and blacks. P21S looks good too but Souveran does have a slight itty bitty edge. I don`t know that its worth the price difference kind of edge, but it does have it. If you have the means and want to try it then go for it. Otherwise P21S is a great wax that you won`t be disapointed in.

eclemens
05-06-2003, 07:25 AM
I`m in the process of doing my torch red C5 right now. I say in the process because my current life schedule doesn`t allow for enough time in 1 block to finish it all. What I`m doing:

1) 3M 30009 SMR

2) P21S PCL

3) P21S Concours

I will let you know how it goes. Pics too if ya want, but it may be a while (up to a week). I have read about great results with 30009 on TR C5s, but let me tell you, it is MILD. I was scared to use it at first, but I`m having to make multiple passes with it. Seems to get deeper each pass (That sounds like I`m doing it much mroe than I am). This combo with 31009 substituted worked great on my platinum silver WRX.

VV

jlfrogy
05-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Curious,

I have had a TR vette for 3 years and have been using Megs GC with P21S on top with superior results. I have recently purchased Klasse and will try that with the P21S on top. My vette is a daily driver and it seem like the P21s lasts about 3-4 weeks. That is Ok with me since I can usually put a coat on in 30-45 minutes. BTW I only wash with Megs GC wash.

yankees1
05-06-2003, 12:27 PM
I have a 03 Ann ED vette and I started out with Zaino which is a great polish. After eight layers I had a great shine but not the depth/wet look I wanted! So, I switched to Souveran and WOW! I now have the wet/depth look I was looking for! I have a garage Queen that only gets driven in nice weather and never in the winter. I love to detail my vette also so Souveran makes sense for me! If I had a daily driver, not garaged, or driven in all kinds of weather then Zaino would make more sense. Both are great but it depends on several variables on which you choose. Z for shine on light colored cars and Souveran for a wet/depth look on dark colored cars!

eclemens
05-15-2003, 07:29 AM
A pic: it was getting a little cloudy :(

http://www1.appstate.edu/~jg25023/Tim1.jpg

VV

m3pilot
05-15-2003, 07:42 AM
Nice job! A perfectly detailed C5 vette. :bow