PDA

View Full Version : Help! My Vette was attacked by cherry blossoms!

sakanuki
05-05-2003, 07:29 PM
I had just detailed my Miata in preparation for selling it so I gave it a place in the garage so it would look fine for a prospective buyer. The Vette (2000 Coupe, Navy blue metallic) had to spend its first night in the driveway. Cherry blossom petals from our weeping cherry coated the Vette that night after a heavy rain . . .They had dried on like decals the next morning. . . washed it and it looked okay until I looked closely and saw faint impressions of the petals on the car. I tried Meguiars detailing fluid, some S100 wax, and in desperation put some swirl hiding glaze which made the marks less noticeable but I can still see them and I KNOW they are there!!! I just waxed the Vette with S100 last week and I`m afraid I`ll have to compound it and start over. Any advice on a quick fix for this problem instead of radically stripping all the wax off my baby. . . Thanks, Bob B.

C. Charles Hahn
05-05-2003, 08:03 PM
There IS no quick fix, sorry. Besides that, you shouldn`t be trying just a quick fix. Do a dawn wash, clay the paint, polish it out (not glaze or wax, but POLISH) and re-wax. Thats the only way to be sure you can get rid of the staining.

Spilchy
05-05-2003, 08:35 PM
HAHAHAHA!

I`m not laughing at you, but know you`re agony. I have a huge sucker of a tree that drapes over my neighbor`s garage and every year for one week it snows all over his cars and our property. My car stays indoors for the whole week when parked at home. It`s a beautful blossom but a killer of cars - like a black widow!

Luckily I haven`t had your problem. But, my non-garaged commuter is caked in them. I have many coats of 3M paste wax on my car that wipe off with a good wash and a QD.

Suck it up and start over if it`s that bad. Sorry!

BumpersPlus2
05-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Cut down the damn tree. Then, fix vet:D

thomasd04
05-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Im in favor of cutting down the tree.

Scottwax
05-05-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Rideout

Im in favor of cutting down the tree.

Along with all the oak trees and crape myrtles.

meGrimlock
05-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Along with all the oak trees and crape myrtles.

And fruitless mulberries.