PDA

View Full Version : 303 aerospace/MF

marktheshark
05-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Anyone one know what happens if you get 303 on a mf? Would it be like getting fabric softener on it?

Can I just wash it with the rest of my mf`s or could it "contaminate" the others as well?

Thanks in advance...

BA_Titan
05-05-2003, 10:51 AM
I always wash any towels with "treatments" seperately. That includes wax, QD, window cleaner, vinyl. Sometimes I soak the wax and treatment MF`s in Dawn before putting in the washer.

marktheshark
05-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Thanks Red,

I was thinking about doing that. What I want to know is if I just rendered my mf "useless" (by mf standards).

Mutilator
05-06-2003, 07:16 AM
Hmm... I always toss my MF towels in a pile until I run out then throw them all in the washer with some liquid tide together. They`re used for drying, removing polish, removing wax, and 303 protectant. I`ve never had any problems. I`d definately say you didn`t render the MF useless. Worst case if you want to be really anal about it you could always seperate it and label it a 303 towel instead of a wax removing towel or something.

BA_Titan
05-06-2003, 08:49 AM
Like Mutilator, If you are really worried, just keep it a 303 towel. I too sometimes just throw all of them in the wash at the same time......:D

Nick T.
05-06-2003, 08:50 AM
My MF towels get separated into two groups for use and for washing: all towels a lumped together except the ones used on the wheels are kept separate to guard against brake dust being spread around. I’m not convinced that even this is necessary. The few MF towels reserved for the wheels don’t really get much brake dust since I do all the initial wheel wiping with old terry towels.

<CENTER>:usa</CENTER>

shaf
05-06-2003, 02:28 PM
As far as I know, the only thing you really need to have totally separate and dedicated are glass MFs...

meGrimlock
05-06-2003, 04:37 PM
My MF collection is still relatively small (22) and I just toss all of them into the washer with some Tide and use warm water. I have never had any problems with streaking glass, or anything of that sort.