PDA

View Full Version : another choice for bugs and such

shep01
05-05-2003, 10:15 AM
since i have gotten so much good advice from this forum i thought i would give some back - my daughter drives the turnpike often and when the season for "love bugs" is in bloom the results on the car can be awfu. If you are unable to get to the car immediately and it bakes in the sun, it is quite a chore. This last time exactly that happened, i was left with rediculous smears of squashed bugs above the front window on the gloss/black rubber stripping as well as on the clear bra protection on the bumber and hood. I washed, tried goof off, finally tried 3M adhesive remover and finally Eiman Fabrick Tar remover. If any of you are familiar with those last 2 - they are potent/caustic although they don`t seem to bother the paint.

Anyway - nothing worked - i thought the bug residue was there to stay. The next morning i decide to try Plexus - never expecting it to work. Well, it took less than 1min of sitting on the junk and it melted reight off. I was stunned. I know Plexus is non-harmful to the paint although it is greasy. I have used it on plastic for years. I know porsche makes a specific product for this purpose but the plexus was magical - melted it off entirely - then i hosed it so as to not create any scratches. Hope this helps.