PDA

View Full Version : Need to polish?

imported_ThreeSixT
05-05-2003, 02:37 AM
Here`s my dilemma...

I`m giving my beautifully maintained car up tomorrow into the hands of the shipping company (NO NAME) for my move to CA. I have no doubt that my car will sit outside, exposed to mother nature for at least 2 days prior to being loaded in the trailer and 4 or 5 days after it arrives in Long Beach. My question is this...if my car has been a garage queen and rarely exposed to the elements since the last time I did a full paint procedure in December (clay, polish, seal, wax), do I need to go through the whole process or will simply adding a top layer of P21S Carnuba for protection in transit suffice? I was considering using my P21S GEPC or Klasse to start, but figured better not if only to have to do a complete overhaul after taking delivery of my vehicle...no doubt it will be in terrible condition. Any thoughts or suggestions for a "quick fix" are greatly appreciated. :xyxthumbs

ultrajim49
05-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Isn`t there a possibility like a car-cover to protect your car for the transport?

imported_ThreeSixT
05-05-2003, 02:56 AM
No, I already asked. It will be inside a trailer for transport, but I am worried about it sitting outside at the docks for a number of consecutive days without being cleaned.

TheCompleteLook
05-07-2003, 12:35 PM
Your baby will be fine for a few days. You can let it go, don`t worry so muck Daddy. A couple days won`t kill it. Just be sure to clean it well once you get here.

:D

CwestinFD
05-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Out of curiosity do you mind if I asked how much it cost for the transport? I work for/own a moving company and I have always wondered on pricing?

imported_ThreeSixT
05-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Thanks, but she is already out to sea. I had to let her go for a few days...it was tough.

Not sure of the $$ to L.A, the Navy paid for it. But when I shipped a car from Seattle to Honolulu it cost around $700. Hope that helps.