PDA

View Full Version : Professional Circular and Menzerna ?

Fr0zen
05-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Well im Ready To Order alot of stuff from classic motoring accessories I got the Menzerna Intensive Polish and Finial Polish and the Klasse All-IN-ONE to seal it after then i will use P21S For super shine and luster but i have alot of surface scratchs and Swirls my question is the Menzerna the best polish to (remove) them not fill them in and see them again in a couple of months without hazeing up the paint or damageing the finish i will be useing a professional Circular Polisher With the Proper Polishing and cutting pads

Here is my Shopping Cart at Class Motoring Accessories

Menzerna Get Acquainted Kit

Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Car Polish & Sealant: 16 oz.

P21S Paste Car Wax

Vector Professional Circular Polisher

Pad Kit for Circular Polishers

Pad Kit for Circular Polishers: 7 inch Velcro Back-up Plate

:D

Here is Pic of How bad the swirls and Scratchs Are On This Silverado I will Be Detailing:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p841d6ce666b61c77e75d640940007f0f/fc38dcb4.jpg

imported_Greg
05-04-2003, 04:45 PM
First, I would suggest going to a body shop and getting some scrap fenders/hoods to test the rotary on, chances are you will not regret it in the long run. For swirls like that, I would get some of Megs. DACP and see what that will do. Menzerna will definitely not get those out, doesn`t have enough bite.

Fr0zen
05-04-2003, 05:12 PM
What is DACP ?? and where can i get it i heard menzerna is the best and it can even remove scratchs up to 2000

BradE
05-04-2003, 05:45 PM
DACP = Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish.

Check local body shop supply stores, they carry it.

Thomasfl
05-04-2003, 07:04 PM
I have only used the Menzerna with a PC but I don`t think you will do much with it on those swirls. I have had much better results with the DACP. Another thing I have noticed is that when you use the Menzerna Intensive and Final, the finish should be fully prepped, meaning you are not going to be using any of the cleaning capablilities of the AIO. What I have been doing with good results when using the Menzerna twins is go from the Final to a final sealant, in my case UPP. When using AIO I only use the Intensive before. You could go with DACP, Intensive, AIO, P21S. The intensive is a little hard to work with and stains the trim, get out the tape. Just of a few of my thoughts maybe others have had different results.

Fr0zen
05-04-2003, 07:24 PM
I will be useing a Makita Circular Polisher i seen pretty good results when used at 1000-1500rpm with intensive polish so useing the AIO After finial Polish isnt the right way also will DACP Haze or Dull the Finish ?

Well if it isnt the right way Classic Motoring Accessories Says it is and they been doing it for a while

Older vehicles: A number of customers have contacted us who own an older vehicle with chalky, dull or neglected paint. The cleaner/polish component in Klasse All-In-One is not strong enough to restore excessively dull or neglected finishes. Restoring older finishes requires polishing with a stronger polish before finishing with All-In-One.

If your car is 3 to 5 years old, we recommend polishing first with Menzerna Final Polish. This German polish is an ideal match for use with Klasse All-In-One because it restores surface gloss without using any fillers or silicones.

Most polishes deposit fillers and gloss enhancers on the finish which are removed when you apply All-In-One. This defeats some of the advantages of polishing.

If your vehicle is a little older and/or has very dull, neglected or abused paint, compound first with Menzerna Intensive Polish, polish with Menzerna Final Polish and finish with Klasse All-In-One. Both Menzerna polishes can be applied by hand or by machine.

here is the link http://www.properautocare.com/kla-16.html

Thomasfl
05-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Frozen I am not saying I am the authority on this, and yes I read that same thing when I placed my order with CMA, and use I have used that combo many times. I have just found that the Final Polish (using a finishing pad, CMA Gray) is similar to using a polish right before wax like #7, VM, or SEPC. This makes me wonder about applying AIO over this. The surface after Final Polish is like glass.

//MMMGood
05-04-2003, 09:51 PM
I am sure that your method will work. However I have been able to get these kinds of swirls out with finesse it II and a PC.

And oxidation out of a non clearcoated hood.

Peter Hsu

Fr0zen
05-04-2003, 09:53 PM
Well the AIO is supposed to protect the finish and Menzerna Recommends Klasse Products Like AIO and i talked to someone from CMA and he said that The intensive polish we remove swirls like mine with no problem useing a Circular polisher with the proper pads at 1000-1200rpm`s

imported_Greg
05-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Have you used a circular polisher before?

Fr0zen
05-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Yes i went straight from Hand to Circular no dual action its pretty easy just keep checking the paint if you see hazeing or whitness or dullness then stop whipe it off and mist alot for lubricantion and temp