PDA

View Full Version : Wheel help!

George M.
05-03-2003, 11:59 PM
I feel like an idiot.. Today i was out of it... and washing my truck.. bad combo... Well. i just got done driving for an hour. so my wheels were nice and hot. Well... i start right on it. Washing wheels first like always.. i am out of my wheel cleaner so i decided to use some SuperClean.. bad idea i guess... The stuff stained my wheels... Together with the heat and the crappy superclean i have wheels that look like crap..

HELP, how do i clean my wheels now?

Ben Carufel
05-04-2003, 12:02 AM
Well I have NO idea whatsoever what SuperClean is, but I`ve dealt with people who do the same thing to their wheels with Eagle 1 A2Z.

Use a compound to remove the stains. Believe it or not ScratchX works well, as does 3M Fine Cut Rubbing Compound...

ScrampaTeg03
05-04-2003, 12:05 AM
Are they just stained or did the Acid in the cleaner eat away at them? If the acid had eaten away at the wheels pretty bad then you might have to sand them down assuming compounding doesn`t work.

-Brian

George M.
05-04-2003, 12:10 AM
thanks. Ill try my scratch X. i didnt even think of that.. Superclean is by Castol.. an engine degreaser.. it is "allpurpose" but even when the wheels are cold it does it. i did the first wheel and realized it was too hot so i waited and when it was cold it stained too... :-/

TheCompleteLook
05-07-2003, 12:27 PM
I got superclean a while ago, and threw it away after my first use. It stains everything. I would never use the product. I use Simple Green instead, Dilute 10:1 and it works great as a wheel cleaner. Best thing - it will never stain.

If you have clear coat wheels, treat them like paint. Use the same procedures as a painted surface. 3M compound to remove stains should work, then polish and I would recommend Wheel Wax to protect. The stuff is unbelievable!

Lowejackson
05-07-2003, 02:11 PM
I would contact Castol and see what they say. I would also soak the wheels in water to dilute any remaining product. As with all polishing, start with the least abrasive.

Steven

Spilchy
05-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Use AIO in you have on COOL wheels. Like mentioned, let a free flow of water pour over them to see if there is any remaining residue dried on there.

Also, try a normal wheel cleaner if to start.

GO FROM LEAST ABRASIVE AND MOVE UP THE SCALE!

Last thing you want to do is ruin them with a product you meant to clean them!