PDA

View Full Version : I am back from the show

samiam513
05-03-2003, 09:06 PM
I am back from the show. Didn`t rain afterall. I was excited, ,and sad. Excited since my car was clean, and sad becasue I had a plan on how to be the ONLY clean car if ti rained.

Got there a little early for the show. Set up my stuff becasue I was a vendor, then started to prep the car. I watched people trickle in, and got a good veiw of what I was up against.

As I was working, I noticed some nicee american muscle cars roll through. I figured I would be around 15th or so. Some really nice vettes, lightnings, cobras ect... and I also saw some really nice import cars, Supra TT`s, preludes, skylines ect ect ect....

Polk Audio showed up with a car they had customized, and I thought it was pretty cool.

As judging began I got anxious.... 16 yr old at concours!!! ahhhh!!! Judges came over, nit picked the car, and talked together for a little while, then I approachedthem and told them if they had any questions I would be willing to answer, and I also told them it is a daily driven 30k mile car. They perked up, went to writing, and said "nice job". I couldn`t wait till the awards were to be given out.

When the awards time came the started with #15 in best of show. Went down the list. One of my buddies placed prty high. I put all my stuff in my truck, was about to put my hood down when I heard "has anyone seend #006" I said OOO Heck yeah! I got in my car, drove it to where they asked all teh winners to take theri cars. I drove up, and I heard people saying "Look at the dent!!! (I have a huge dent from wehre my dad hit the car with the lawn mower :mad: ) Announcers looked at the sheet, saw the deduction, and said pose for the camera. I got my picture taken with the organizer, and a judge (pic to come hwen I get the link)

Drove back to my spot, and packed my stuff. I had the keys to a buddies truck (who organized the show, and had me detail his truck for it) I wnt to go give his keys back, when I noticed a guy mouthing off to him, and the other judges. Turns out he was the guy in the Polk Audio car, and wasn`t happy he didn`t win. He moaned and complained that the car didn;t win, and complained mroe andmore and more, then finally siad "forget about it" and left. I thought to myself... thanks for wasting the air!"

Then another guy came and asked corey where his prize bucket was. Corey had no clue, and the guy was disapointed. He had a really nice, unique Lincoln Town car on Hydraulics with all kinds of accessories. He obviously worked his azz off the night before, becasue his finish was awesome! He kept lookin for it, and seemd to get sadder and sadder as time went on. I offered mine to him, and told him there is better stuff to use on your car than what was in the bucket. He smiled, said thanks and went on his way. O well. Now I don`t have windex. Only Meg`s Glass cleaner, and Stoner`s... darn.

Over all good day. Judges say if it wasn`t for the dent I would have been even higher up!

OO yeah... I think i forgot to say what i placed.... No torphies or anything, just the buckets of goodies... My buddy said only two cars went after me... so that means THIRD!!!!

C. Charles Hahn
05-03-2003, 09:34 PM
congrats!! nice work. Can we say Paintless Dent Repair?? :xyxthumbs

chris0626
05-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Sounds like you had a pretty good day, samiam513, and I`m glad to hear you apparently kept your cool. That was kinda my experience last week at the Jag concours. The judges dinged us for a couple of "non-authenticity" items, but the people who came to see the cars just loved the little Jag. Made it all worthwhile! Keep that attitude! :up

MBZ 500E
05-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Congratulations! Nice job, any pics?:up

Stealthman
05-04-2003, 01:54 PM
dam dents anyway worked on a 59 VW Bug for 3 years, got it almost done. Was on my way to a show in AZ and hit a dam bird right in the middle of my hood. Not only did it dent it but whent so deep that it took off paint. I was so pissed that I drove back to OKC and missed the show and all the fun it would have been watching the peep look at my work.

imported_Dude
05-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Stealthman-

Love your avatar!

Brad B
05-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Samiam....Cool! That`s a great start to the summer! Keep it up! :xyxthumbs Way to go!