PDA

View Full Version : New Car Waxing

imported_Frank
05-02-2003, 11:05 PM
Just picked up a new Porsche C4S and was wondering if it is ok to wax the car right away? If so, can I start by using my Soveran wax? Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!~!

Jngrbrdman
05-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Yup. Shouldn`t be a problem to wax it right away. Souveran should work great on that car. :up

huggybear
05-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Ask the dealer you bought it from...some dealerships are really wierd about it. Usually you can wax em the day ya bought it.

Jngrbrdman
05-02-2003, 11:14 PM
I don`t know why he should ask the dealer. I mean, its his car now so he doesn`t really need to ask permission from the dealership to wax his car. lol

Scottwax
05-02-2003, 11:18 PM
Normally you can wax immediately.

huggybear
05-02-2003, 11:32 PM
True True Jngr.

HeHe. You never know though it could affect his A/C compressor...

I changed my brake pads once and the dealership tried to tell me by doing so i had damaged my catalytic converter and it needed to be replaced.

i laughed.....and laughed

Jngrbrdman
05-02-2003, 11:40 PM
You are lucky you didn`t melt your muffler berrings while you were at it. Sheesh.... what were you thinking. :lol

huggybear
05-02-2003, 11:45 PM
LoL.

I had a guy tell me that if i waxed my car to much my turbo bearings could get coked up....

I told him it was okay since i used an arcrylic sealent. He was like well okay then you wont have to worry about that son good for you its nice to see todays youth thinking ahead

i had never been so confused in my life.

Accumulator
05-03-2003, 11:49 AM
macchione123- Any idea what the dealer might`ve used on it prior to delivery? Most Porsche/Audi dealers in the US are currently using 3M products (or so say the guys at Stoddard Imports).

I`d clay the car (or use AutoInt`s ABC) to make sure there aren`t any ferrous contaminants that could result in rust spots. I DID ABC my S8 and all is well, I DID NOT ABC/clay my late Father`s Audi and it got some little rust spots that kept coming back. "Rail dust" is no urban legend, it`s real, and it really shows up on light colored vehicles.

And yes, absolutely, you can wax your new Porsche (assuming it hasn`t had any paint work done WITHOUT BAKING, since leaving the factory- unlikely) that you don`t know about.

Jngrbrdman
05-03-2003, 01:02 PM
ABC isn`t really a substitute for clay. Together they are pretty great but the car usually needs both of them. Clay is picking up more than just IFO. I would clay and then ABC the car if it needed it.

Accumulator
05-03-2003, 03:26 PM
OOPS, should`ve mentioned that I always use clay during the "B" step. Thanks, Jngr! :xyxthumbs