PDA

View Full Version : How would you suggest applying products

NY KID
05-02-2003, 01:58 AM
New to the forum fellas. So you`ll probally see alot of simple questions and mispelling. How do you guys apply your products. I have never used a buffer like the porter cable. Is it better than doing it by hand? Also, do you remove it with the buffer too? Thanks.

Accumulator
05-02-2003, 10:34 AM
NY KID- I`m in the "use machines whenever possible" camp. I DO get better results with polishes, MAYBE better results with waxes and sealants, hard to say. Sure is easier for me though. And as for speed, polishes are faster, waxes probably slower.

Machine removal, well, the jury`s still out. No matter what, you`ll still have to finish up by hand.

Patrick
05-02-2003, 07:40 PM
PC`s are eventually, the way to go. However, there are still some of us, who prefer to do it by hand. I was all by hand for 15 yrs before I bought a PC, but now Im a 50/50 guy, cleaners/polishes/glazes with PC, polymers and toppers by hand. The last thing you do to your car is wipe it down by hand anyway. If your just starting out, do it by hand. See what your limits are, what you need to ask more ? about, and what your capable of doing. Just make sure you have fun.....:D