PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning MF`s

NY KID
05-02-2003, 01:41 AM
Hi guys, only been a member for a few days but this form rules.:bow Forgive some of my simple questions. How do you guys clean your MF`s after use? Do you wash by hand or in the washer and what cleaner do you use on it? Do you dry them in the dryer? I got a set of MF`s from R&S (dont grill me please) about a year ago, I use them to wash the car and found that it is not a jod idea to dry them! did I do something wrong?

wizardofahs
05-02-2003, 04:46 AM
Welcome to the board. :wavey I usually hate being `the guy` that says this, but someone will eventually. There are TONS of posts on this board with some really great info. If you have a question that you think has probably been asked/answered before the best thing to do (for the quickest responce) is to try searching for it using the link at the top of the page. Usually searching for a question on the Detailing, and Autopia University forums will provide answers to all your basic questions.

Most people wash their MFs using laundry detergent. I tend to just throw mine in the machine with a little bit of dawn. You shouldn`t use any kind of fabric softner or anything as it will leave traces of it behind which will get into the towells and then on the car. It`s best to just use a little soap and warm water. The drying is just as easy. If you are going to use the dryer, don`t put them in there long, or at high heat. It`s best to let them air dry as the higher temperatures from the drier will start to kind of melt part of the fibers that make up MFs. I have some MFs that i found out the hard way on. They are definatly not as soft as my new ones from Pakshak.

eboller
05-02-2003, 08:37 AM
There`s a big thread on this a few threads down labeled:

MF towels..Questions after use.??

Lemonxxs
05-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Search ......many threads on this issue...........

But make sure you use hot waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

Si00
05-02-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by eboller

There`s a big thread on this a few threads down labeled:

MF towels..Questions after use.??

Yes there is...Take a look at the thread i stared, Excellant advice on how to wash your MF towels.