PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO

Myles
05-02-2003, 12:52 AM
I have searched before I posted this and havent found the answer.

Klasse AIO (carlack 68) , man is it runny. Almost liquid like.

Is somthing wrong with it, or is it laways this runny? Its also a milky clear colour.

Do i need to remove all the old wax before using this?

Ciao,

Myles:nixweiss

2wheelsx2
05-02-2003, 01:40 AM
AIO should be a beige type colour and not very runny, like very thin syrup. SG is milky and very runny. You sure you`re talking about AIO, in the red bottle?

Jngrbrdman
05-02-2003, 02:47 AM
AIO is way thicker than SG. I`m with 2wheelsx2 on this one. I think you have them mixed up. SG in the gray bottle and AIO in the red. SG is supposed to be runny. This isn`t a product like anything else you have used before if you are used to thick liquid waxes. It goes on different and works different than waxes.

What do you mean that it is almost liquid like? As opposed to.... what? :lol Of course its liquid. Its either going to be a liquid, gas or solid. My choice for car care products is usually a liquid unless we are dealing with paste wax. lol

rleven
05-02-2003, 04:26 AM
A good washing with Original Dawn(Blue) dishwashing detergent will get rid of the wax although All in One will also clean off the old wax. If you are going to just use all in one I would use 2 coats of it to make sure you get everything. Your cleaning towel will also cake up a little more if you just use all in one because you are removing all of the old wax.

And yes it is a liquid and runny. You have to shake the bottle real well and just use a dime size drop on you applicator at a time. Use a damp applicator with AIO and a dry one with the sealant glaze. Here is a link to the definitive Klasse application guide.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12590

Myles
05-02-2003, 09:05 AM
well guys i have be honest.

Im using a product called carlack 68. It is Klasse. According to where i bought it from waxwizard.com.au , klasse is what carlack 68 is sold under in the USA. I thought, what the hey ill try it out.

Yes it is very runny.

let me put it this way, i am used to applying liquid with a cream thickness to my car. This stuff has the thickness of milk and look a bit like it as well.

Thanks for all the help.

rleven
05-02-2003, 02:16 PM
No, it is not a liquied creme. What you have is right. It is runny. Try it on a small area. Use 2 coats and then top with Sealant Glaze. I believe that you are just used to a creamy type wax not a Klasse type system.

Bob

Jngrbrdman
05-02-2003, 02:23 PM
What you have is the equal of SG. Not AIO. AIO is much thicker than SG and is more of a brown or beige color. SG is white and milky. You have SG and not AIO. Go thin with it.

ashsarna
05-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

What you have is the equal of SG. Not AIO. AIO is much thicker than SG and is more of a brown or beige color. SG is white and milky. You have SG and not AIO. Go thin with it.

I agree :up .

2wheelsx2
05-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Look here guys:

carlack 68 (http://www.carlack.de/english.php4?sid=e4HBNuwF)

Sounds just like AIO. However, maybe it`s a different formulation? SG with cleaners?

shaf
05-02-2003, 04:04 PM
My description of them would sound just like 2wheelsx2`s. :xyxthumbs I used some AIO the other night and had forgotten how different it is from SG....

I would think that AIO really just is SG with cleaners added to it, but who knows? Are we really sure they`re the same then? :nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
05-02-2003, 04:10 PM
SG beads and AIO doesn`t. They are totally different products. I put AIO on the Accord and didn`t get a chance to do anything else to it for a week. So 7 days after I put the AIO on it wasn`t beading. SG will bead for months. I think they are totally different. I don`t even know that this carlack stuff can be called AIO or SG. It doesn`t really seem like it is either. Something as runny as SG can`t possibly have the cleaning power that AIO has. Where would you put it? Compounds are thick for a reason. When was the last time you broke out the Diamond Cut or DACP and got a runny mess?