PDA

View Full Version : What does SG do that S100 doesn`t?

baker999
05-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Been reading a lot and I`m trying to decide between AIO, SG, S100 vs. AIO, S100 on new black paint.

Input is appreciated.

2wheelsx2
05-01-2003, 03:29 PM
Mostly longevity. The S100 might last 4 weeks, but the SG will last for months. You will not get the S100 depth and shine though, so topping with S100 after SG gives you the best of both worlds.

Lowejackson
05-01-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

Mostly longevity. The S100 might last 4 weeks, but the SG will last for months. You will not get the S100 depth and shine though, so topping with S100 after SG gives you the best of both worlds.

Perfectly presented answer :up

Steven

shaf
05-01-2003, 05:19 PM
SG also does some very light swirl filling, so that can help the appearance. Of course technically you`re supposed to fix all that before the protection stage though... :o

Jngrbrdman
05-01-2003, 05:59 PM
SG is also going to put a little layer of protection between the elements and your clear coat. With a few layers of SG you`ll find that a lot of swirls disappear as the SG wears off. If you can get swirls in SG instead of the clear coat then that is always a good thing. You can just remove the SG and start over if you wanted to.

SG gives a polished rock kind of shine. Its very glossy and very sharp. Carnauba softens the gloss a bit and adds that wet look that is so nice. I think that they work well together. Carnauba can`t give you the gloss and protection that SG can and SG can`t give you the wet look and glow like carnauba can. They are pretty different products that go well together. Like chocolate and peanut butter. :D

Nick T.
05-02-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

You can just remove the SG and start over if you wanted to. How do you remove Klasse?

<CENTER>:usa</CENTER>

Jngrbrdman
05-02-2003, 05:27 PM
You can use clay or any polish that you would use to remove swirls. I usually just use AIO to get the SG and waxes off and then start with the swirl removing compounds. Clay won`t get it all off I don`t think. That`s why I usually just use AIO after I clay and then hit the polishing. I`m sure the polishing would strip the Klasse anyway, but I kind of like redundantcy.