PDA

View Full Version : Lenses Protection

ercoreca
08-13-2004, 04:02 PM
HI ALL:

I USED TO USE BRA IN MY CAR, BUT THE LENSES ARE NO COVER SO LITTLE STONES CAN MAKE A DAMAGE TO THEM, SO I HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT SOM PLASTIC FILMS (3M), TO PROTECT THEM, MY QUESTIONS ARE:
ARE THEY PERMANENT OR YOU CAN TAKE THEM OUT ANY TIME?
DO YOU RECOMEND THEM?

SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

JaredPointer
08-13-2004, 04:07 PM
They are semi-permanent...meaning you stick them on once. You can remove them, but when you do you will have to have new ones if you want to put them back on.

CharlesW
08-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by ercoreca
HI ALL:

I USED TO USE BRA IN MY CAR, BUT THE LENSES ARE NO COVER SO LITTLE STONES CAN MAKE A DAMAGE TO THEM, SO I HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT SOM PLASTIC FILMS (3M), TO PROTECT THEM, MY QUESTIONS ARE:
ARE THEY PERMANENT OR YOU CAN TAKE THEM OUT ANY TIME?
DO YOU RECOMEND THEM?

SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH.

THANKS IN ADVANCE. Your English is a heck of a lot better than my Spanish.:)
I have a product called X-pel on my driving/fog lights on the GTP. It is a pretty heavy gauge flexible plastic with adhesive on one side. On a flat surface, it was easy to install. If you have compound curves, I think I would get it done professionally. I think it would take some talent to do it right.
The X-pel may be 3M`s product under their name. :dunno

I also have clear plastic headlight covers that snap on and can be removed quite easily for cleaning. Lots of people used them in a tint, but it really cuts down on the light output.
I have heard that several, if not all of the companies that made the plastic covers are now out of business. They may be hard to find. I bought mine from Jeg`s in 2000.

Charles