PDA

View Full Version : Your Suggestions for New Paint

baker999
05-01-2003, 10:34 AM
I just purchased a 2003 Z71 Suburban for my wife. Black on black with grey leather interior. The dealership did not put anything on it before delivery. My intentions are to wash it w/Meguiar`s Gold Class and S-100 with a Lexol treatment to the leather and Meguiar`s #40 to the remainder of the interior.

Do you have any suggestions for me to change or add to my plan?

Thx

baker999
05-01-2003, 01:14 PM
ANYBODY? This is the beginners section, right?!

Spilchy
05-01-2003, 01:28 PM
This is a loaded question with a million answers!

IMHO, I would wash, clay and coat with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and nothing else. I would continue to layer the IHG weekly for a month or so after hand washings with nothing else. After 4 - 5 weeks, I would lay down a coat of the s100 and do so on a monthly basis. IMHO the s100 doesn`t last very long

Or you can try many of the other high quality waxes that are talked about like Souveran or Black Fire etc... and use less frequently and topped off with the s100!

imported_Dude
05-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Personally, I`d go with a synthetic sealant on a black car. I can suggest Klasse All-In-One and Sealant Glaze, Zaino Z5, Blackfire, Meguaiar`s #20, Mothers Reflections, and Poorboy`s EX.

A synthetic is more durable than a carnuba wax like S100. During the summer months, carnuba waxes can sometimes evaporate in the hot sun; synthetics don`t have this problem.

For the best of both worlds, you can apply a polymer sealant first and then top it off with a carnuba wax. This is what I do, and it works great.

TortoiseAWD
05-01-2003, 04:10 PM
baker999,

I`m local to you, and have Zaino Z2/Z5, Blackfire, and Poorboy`s EX on hand. If you want to try any of these sealants before you buy, drop me a PM.

Tort